Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queens Road Shop

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its a must to have a shop in the town,there is no way i would travel out to Falmer to purchase a ticket,my problem is when phoning very slow response,last week stuck on one caller to to go for 12 mins,when eventually it was answered reason given was dealing with purchases in the shop,there should be some staff dealing with phone calls only.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
In my original post, I wasn't saying the shop should go, merely it's overstaffed for its sq ft.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I find the Queens Road shop very handy for when i am in town. Glad it is there. A slice of the Albion in the city centre.

Is the correct answer. It's a shame though that they've stopped selling away tickets from there... for those of us who live and work in the city centre, it's a right hassle having to traipse up to Falmer on the train to sort away tickets.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Always been happy with the service in there. Only ever at the Amex on match days and only bothered with the stadium shop once because of queues/time to kick off/etc etc.

Like that the club has a shop in town and have spent a considerable amount of money in there over the last few years with never a complaint about service.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
In my original post, I wasn't saying the shop should go, merely it's overstaffed for its sq ft.

Different staff for different functions and specialities. A manager, one to do tickets at the back, one to print Albion shirts, cover for lunch/tea breaks. Sometimes it's busy, sometimes it's not. I've only ever seen about four in there, but I've never counted them. One left and went to the Amex but was replaced by another one, so they must think they need that many.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where does it say that all employees of the club have to be supporters? Surley most people with an unterest in the game would be at the Amex rather than listening on the radio in a shop?

Nowhere, and nobody is saying its a big deal, to be honest. Personally though, whether they're fans or otherwise, you would imagine they'd at least have an interest proffessionally in how the team were getting on.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Nowhere, and nobody is saying its a big deal, to be honest. Personally though, whether they're fans or otherwise, you would imagine they'd at least have an interest proffessionally in how the team were getting on.

If I worked at a football club I didn't support I wouldn't be overly fussed at what the score was more than having a look at 5pm while looking at all the other scores.

Each to their own though.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
My only gripe is they seem to shut the ticket office desk pretty randomly. As sorting stuff on the phone is a nightmare, I usually pop into the shop to upgrade tickets.. Only to see "ticket office closed" on the desk.

Hey, but there's three of you behind the til serving no one. How about one of you pop over to the designated ticket office desk?

"Sorry, ticket office is closed"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here