Qualities that our next manager MUST have......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Accept that the Championship is not the ceiling for Brighton

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Luis Enrique does tick a lot of boxes, and any player who has the balls to leave Real Madrid after 5 seasons on a Bosman, then play 8 successful seasons for Barca must be worth interviewing. Quality Spanish international, good contacts, respected, has managed in Serie A and Barcelona B.

In fact I'll go further than that - Luis Enrique with Danny Wilson as his Assistant.

Happy with this one thing I have noticed with Gus was his contacts within the game have helped not somthing low profile names can match

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tactically astute, but maintaining a similar style of play to our current style as our primary style.
Appreciative of the support of the board.
Someone who has a plan B when things are not going as well as they might.
A good eye for a player at a reasonable price.
Someone willing to accept setbacks without throwing their toys out of their pram.
Spanish-speaking, so we have a good chance to hold on to our star Spanish-speaking players.
Someone who keeps his mouth shut occasionally, i.e. when it is wise to do so.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think that the dispute with Poyet that is causing a delay in appointing a new manager could work to our advantage. It's forcing us to wait and providing an excellent opportunity to research and think carefully about what and who we want.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Passion, drive, flair, tactical nous,
and the following attributes please.
Well it sounds like there are plenty on this site who need a frigging wet nurse.

We will get whoever Tony Bloom decides is the right person for the job and I will give that person, whoever it is, my full and unequivocal support............................................right up until our first defeat when, obviously, the muppet should be sacked! :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, I posted this at the end of another thread. My thoughts for what they are worth. Its not about who, but about how we go about it.

TB is no fool. When he got is Gus we were still playing in front 0f 7000. This time, as several have said, we have more and the club expects more.

Interview, here is what I would ask:

1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Correct answer: fighting to get the Albion into a European place, win every cup competition we enter, and building for an even better future

2. What do you see as the club's present weaknesses?
Correct answer: we are not yet in the premier league so we don't have the income stream and cachet to attract good players who will want to play here to win

3. And your solution?
Correct answer: build on the culture of skill we already have to develop a winning mentality, a squad of players who would put their lives on the line for the club

4. And your strategy?
Correct answer: Indoctrinate the players we have, support and reward effort and commitment, replace those who lack the skill (or the effort and commitment) to deliver.

5. And your tactics?
Correct answer: use my knowhow, my passion, my connections, my discipline, to develop a team, a squad, and a pipeline of players who know how to use their skills and knowledge to the maximum, bringing pride to themselves and the club.

6. And how will you deal with setbacks?
Correct answer: Throw my toys out of the pram and looks for another job (oops! Wrong answer, Gussie) - I mean, Get Back In The Ring, learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others and work with the chairman and CEO to make sure that next time its different.

Whoever answers those questions correctly, and with credibility (I know the answers but I could never deliver) gets the job.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
-He needs to be open and honest. I'm fed up with the way Gus would tell us so-and-so was fit only for him not to be playing.
-He needs to be diplomatic and keep his mouth shut. I'm fed up with the way Gus would answer questions openly and honestly when reporters ask him about vacancies he is rumoured to be considered to fill
-He needs to pick a system and stick to it. Gus kept chopping and changing, our new manager should concentrate on our game and force our opponents to change.
-He needs a plan B. How many times did our system not work and Gus refused to change it
-We need someone who will keep the same side in consecutive matches
-We need someone who isn't going to keep picking the same players over and over just because he likes them
-We demand success. I want a manager who gets results every week, so consistently successful that people have to notice him.
-We need someone who isn't going to draw too much attention, we need someone for the long term.
-We need someone who is going to be involved in every level, someone who can get the academy up and running in his image, who plays the same system at every level so there can be seamless integration of younger players into the first team.
-We need someone who isn't all 'me me me', he's just here to manage the team.
-We need someone with experience, someone who has done it before.
-We need someone who isn't one of those managers that have been in the job forever, somehow going from one post to another.
-We need someone with passion and hunger, who don't just sit there miserably letting the game pass them by
-We need someone with composure who doesn't stand on the sideline gesticulating and annoying the ref and fourth official
-We need someone with loyalty
-We need someone who won't stick up for a friend in trouble.
-We need someone who can appeal to top quality, expensive talents
-We need someone who can bring through the kids who haven't shown anything in lower league teams
-We need someone who can work on a budget, achieve more than our budget suggests they could
-We need someone who won't go on about how well they're doing given the budget

Is that all?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is that all?

I'm assuming this was written by a student who has just completed a BA in applied logic at the University of the Northern Hemisphere (formerly Neasden sixth form college). Consider these couplets:

-We demand success. I want a manager who gets results every week, so consistently successful that people have to notice him.
-We need someone who isn't going to draw too much attention, we need someone for the long term.

-We need someone who isn't going to keep picking the same players over and over just because he likes them

-We need someone who is going to be involved in every level, someone who can get the academy up and running in his image, who plays the same system at every level so there can be seamless integration of younger players into the first team.

Quality stuff!

I for one like new experiences, especially ones with which I'm familiar.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm assuming this was written by a student who has just completed a BA in applied logic at the University of the Northern Hemisphere (formerly Neasden sixth form college). Consider these couplets:

Quality stuff!

I for one like new experiences, especially ones with which I'm familiar.

:thumbsup:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
-He needs to be open and honest. I'm fed up with the way Gus would tell us so-and-so was fit only for him not to be playing.
-He needs to be diplomatic and keep his mouth shut. I'm fed up with the way Gus would answer questions openly and honestly when reporters ask him about vacancies he is rumoured to be considered to fill
-He needs to pick a system and stick to it. Gus kept chopping and changing, our new manager should concentrate on our game and force our opponents to change.
-He needs a plan B. How many times did our system not work and Gus refused to change it
-We need someone with experience, someone who has done it before.
-We need someone who isn't one of those managers that have been in the job forever, somehow going from one post to another.
-We need someone with passion and hunger, who don't just sit there miserably letting the game pass them by
-We need someone with composure who doesn't stand on the sideline gesticulating and annoying the ref and fourth official
-We need someone who can appeal to top quality, expensive talents
-We need someone who can bring through the kids who haven't shown anything in lower league teams
-We need someone who can work on a budget, achieve more than our budget suggests they could
-We need someone who won't go on about how well they're doing given the budget
Good luck with that ! not sure if God has enough time to do this job as wll

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports