Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qualities that our next manager MUST have......

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
this is for me what i think if you disagree i understand .
keep the style we play
Someone who would make us shoot more.
move the ball quicker going forward.
get the best out of ulloa cms hoskins .
sign a big strong midfielder and centre half as i will we get pushed of the ball too much last season
a creative midfield who can unlock a defense when teams just too defend like Birmingham and others did last season
someone who will make us come back when going a goal down
give caskey a chance
left back

You've got the job @brightonmark1234----------when can you start:albion2:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
keep the style we play
sign a big strong midfielder and centre half as i will we get pushed of the ball too much last season
a creative midfield who can unlock a defense when teams just too defend like Birmingham and others did last season
give caskey a chance
left back

Reading that post I'd give you the job mate

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, this is an excellent point. Do any candidates with this sort of quality spring to mind?

Luis Enrique does tick a lot of boxes, and any player who has the balls to leave Real Madrid after 5 seasons on a Bosman, then play 8 successful seasons for Barca must be worth interviewing. Quality Spanish international, good contacts, respected, has managed in Serie A and Barcelona B.

In fact I'll go further than that - Luis Enrique with Danny Wilson as his Assistant.

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've never felt that the Amex crowd were 100% behind Poyet, more like 60/40 in favour
So personally I'd like a manager who could get us promoted and with the majority of the crowd behind him, I feel Poyet alienated a lot of people over is tenure
So it would be great to see us all singing from the same hymn sheet in unity for a promotion push

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tabletennis-bat-hands, for me. Swatting away rumours and suspicions and patting down egos when necessary, and just to be bloody weird too, needing a helper with unstitched-together fingers to open milk bottles and Ragu jars and even to undo his zipper until he masters telekinesis. I also want him to be a regurgitater both of foodstuffs and of every word spoken within his earshot over the past 10 months so that he can win any debate, surviving without legal backing, and sometimes have his stomach mould the eaten into something actually nicer looking than when it went in. And i want him to talk bird.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Tabletennis-bat-hands, for me. Swatting away rumours and suspicions and patting down egos when necessary, and just to be bloody weird too, needing a helper with unstitched-together fingers to open milk bottles and Ragu jars and even to undo his zipper until he masters telekinesis. I also want him to be a regurgitater both of foodstuffs and of every word spoken within his earshot over the past 10 months so that he can win any debate, surviving without legal backing, and sometimes have his stomach mould the eaten into something actually nicer looking than when it went in. And i want him to talk bird.

OK, but these are all 'givens', aren't they?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
keep the style we play
give caskey a chance
left back
Can't disagree with any of that Mark.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
keep the style we play
give caskey a chance
left back

Great post to be fair.

I'd also like them to be multilingual so they might be able to attract some cheap but good foreign players.
Being good tactically and having a plan B would be nice. I think we also need to look for someone with a bit of experience.
I genuinely think that this Rene Meulensteen would be a perfect appointment. Probably too good for us though :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-He needs to be open and honest. I'm fed up with the way Gus would tell us so-and-so was fit only for him not to be playing.
-He needs to be diplomatic and keep his mouth shut. I'm fed up with the way Gus would answer questions openly and honestly when reporters ask him about vacancies he is rumoured to be considered to fill
-He needs to pick a system and stick to it. Gus kept chopping and changing, our new manager should concentrate on our game and force our opponents to change.
-He needs a plan B. How many times did our system not work and Gus refused to change it
-We need someone who will keep the same side in consecutive matches
-We need someone who isn't going to keep picking the same players over and over just because he likes them
-We demand success. I want a manager who gets results every week, so consistently successful that people have to notice him.
-We need someone who isn't going to draw too much attention, we need someone for the long term.
-We need someone who is going to be involved in every level, someone who can get the academy up and running in his image, who plays the same system at every level so there can be seamless integration of younger players into the first team.
-We need someone who isn't all 'me me me', he's just here to manage the team.
-We need someone with experience, someone who has done it before.
-We need someone who isn't one of those managers that have been in the job forever, somehow going from one post to another.
-We need someone with passion and hunger, who don't just sit there miserably letting the game pass them by
-We need someone with composure who doesn't stand on the sideline gesticulating and annoying the ref and fourth official
-We need someone with loyalty
-We need someone who won't stick up for a friend in trouble.
-We need someone who can appeal to top quality, expensive talents
-We need someone who can bring through the kids who haven't shown anything in lower league teams
-We need someone who can work on a budget, achieve more than our budget suggests they could
-We need someone who won't go on about how well they're doing given the budget

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Gus and Gianfranco both wear white shirts with a black jumper...call me superficial and superstitious, but this seems to be unlucky attire for a good finish to the season so I'm proposing our next manager wears perhaps Hawaian shirts or the Miami Vice look. Maybe beige?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Update: The Argus - Double Denim is being priced as short as 20/1 for the attire of choice on the next Brighton Manager. The odds for beige have been cut by bookmakers from 9/1 to 6/1 with suit and football shell suit odds both joint favourites with odds slashed to 5/1 and Hawaian Shirt now 50/1.

Who knew?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here