Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR's new stadium plans

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Think West Ham must be pretty confident in grabbing the lion's share of the 'tourist' fan. 60k seats mean pretty much guaranteed availability for most games and where would you rather visit - ex Olympic stadium/park or a housing estate? Providing they can hang on to a place in Prem....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Think West Ham must be pretty confident in grabbing the lion's share of the 'tourist' fan. 60k seats mean pretty much guaranteed availability for most games and where would you rather visit - ex Olympic stadium/park or a housing estate? Providing they can hang on to a place in Prem....

Wives can go shopping at Westfield... #1970man

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not sure if i've counted correctly, but it appears to be a match between 10v10 - so quite an entertaining match.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Best investment I have ever made buying a flat in white city.... have made 70k in about 4 years.....

In terms of location and transport links the potential is limitless. The council are allowing all projects through including a complete regeneration of BBC and the surrounding area, and a big park.

Think the stadium looks good, very futuristic exterior.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
About as close to the Mad Stad as it's possible to design from the interior. Can't see exterior-just an awesome picture of a house.
So, yeah, shithouse.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Don't let them fool you....Palace when it is clad, will be the bright shining mecca of football :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Do you mean cladding over this pipe dream?
th.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
Strangely, you may think, but I feel they could fill it, as we shouldn't get hooked up with the size of current crowds. Who would have thought that Southampton would fill their stadium, given the lack of size of the Dell -was it about 17,000 max? I am sure that I read many years ago that the Albion still had a fan database of 20,000+ during the bad old days at Withdean, ie those who had gone to Withdean albeit on an irregular basis, and so the crowds at the Amex don't really surprise me. It is a question of getting into the habit, I suppose, and if the experience is deemed by thousands to be worth it, then the crowds will come. The converse is also true, of course, -if the football gets worse . . . . .

The 20,000 were just those who were on some kind of membership scheme during the Withdean years. Most people, me included were not on any membership scheme. As for QPR, well its in a great location and its pretty central. London is a place that looks into London instead of out to the suburbs. Inside zone 2 is where its at, well north of the river and West, it can stretch further out. QPR have a good support, but they have to share their heartland with other clubs.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What I object to is that QPR, occasional visitors to the PL, but otherwise solidly championship standard get this story on the NATIONAL news. When Brighton got the green light for the Amex we got a morning on SCR snooze time and a mention on South Today.

There must be a load of Rs fans at the Beeb.

Feb 14, 2010
What I object to is that QPR, occasional visitors to the PL, but otherwise solidly championship standard get this story on the NATIONAL news. When Brighton got the green light for the Amex we got a morning on SCR snooze time and a mention on South Today.

There must be a load of Rs fans at the Beeb.

Its a fair point but its always been the same. The press never like to cover Brighton, we are an unfashionable club, always have been, and that is why I lie supporting us. Its why the press have still not cottoned on to the fact that we get 7,000 more than Leeds most weeks, although good on Leeds, its a fact that has not escaped the Leeds fans I know. Its the lack of success and not being northern. Brighton are an unsuccessful club but still get large crowds and so Brighton does not fit their stereotype of a Southern club and the press hate it when you dont fit their pre written story.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Its a fair point but its always been the same. The press never like to cover Brighton, we are an unfashionable club, always have been, and that is I lie supporting us. Its why the press have still not cottoned on to the fact that we get 7,000 more than Leeds most weeks, although good on Leeds, its a fact that has not escaped the Leeds fans I know. Its the lack of success and not being northern. Brighton are an unsuccessful club but still get large crowds and so Brighton does not fit their stereotype of a Southern club and the press hate it when you dont fit their pre written story.

Who do you support then?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess plenty of fans up and down the country questioned the wisdom of Dick Knight when he proposed the 20k+ stadium at Falmer. What's wrong with a bit of ambition? QPR have had crowds in excess of 30k in their history, over 35k on occasion. Whether they actually build this stadium or not will depend on planning and finance. As was said once before, Build it, and they will come. Perhaps we as a nation should be more proud of the amount of first class stadiums we have, fuelled by a national passion for the beautiful game, rather then ungraciously takie the piss every time a new plan comes to light.

Anyone remember Withdean?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

In fairness, our new stadium didn't feature the entire regeneration of an area of the capital including a major transport hub that would benefit the nation. It's just, well, a stadium

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In fairness, our new stadium didn't feature the entire regeneration of an area of the capital including a major transport hub that would benefit the nation. It's just, well, a stadium

Exactly. And we weren't in the PL.

And, actually, Brighton is very well represented in the national media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here