Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR's new stadium plans

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There is major regeneration going on in that area so I think that will be taken care of.

It certainly needs it. Those bridges are at the top end need some work.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like the corner is going down the throat of the keeper, unless he plans on hitting it with the outside of his foot.

That was my first impression also. And why is the linesman not looking at the play, rather looking at the weird corner taker?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...and is the player by the corner pointing and arguing with the crowd?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and if you zoom into the melee in the penalty box the QPR attacker is blatantly elbowing the defender! Shocking scenes

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and the orientation of the shadow is wrong for the corner taker. This is a moon landings scandal!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....the far corner looks like someone has dropped a Star Wars imperial battle cruiser on its end

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
This is QPR's way of beating FFP they will be part of a bigger development which will bring in millions .Basically they will become a subsidary of a massive property company ( See todays Times)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes when we play them!

Strangely, you may think, but I feel they could fill it, as we shouldn't get hooked up with the size of current crowds. Who would have thought that Southampton would fill their stadium, given the lack of size of the Dell -was it about 17,000 max? I am sure that I read many years ago that the Albion still had a fan database of 20,000+ during the bad old days at Withdean, ie those who had gone to Withdean albeit on an irregular basis, and so the crowds at the Amex don't really surprise me. It is a question of getting into the habit, I suppose, and if the experience is deemed by thousands to be worth it, then the crowds will come. The converse is also true, of course, -if the football gets worse . . . . .

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Leyton Orient ???

That ground looks like a cross between a soulless bowl and Stamford Bridge - also cant see QPR filling a 40k ground, even if they got promoted again.

Wow! As I started to read your reply Julian Lloyd Webber is on the telly and said Leyton Orient

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I like ita lot, loks like a proper Stadium. The one think I don't like about the Amex is the single teirs behind both goals. :shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Oh dear. The second photo seems to have been created by the same bods hope who masterminded that Portsmouth creation that looked more like a bidet. We know where that story ended.

Yes indeed, although my first thought was Southend's sperm stadium. Seemingly the more glitzy the artist's impression, the less likely it is to actually happen.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They'll build it but then 'arry will want to put in another 10,000 seats on loan, just in case.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looks great, if in the Prem their crowds will jump dramatically as there are no spare tix in Central London grounds & 8m + tourists...a lot of away could take 5k, some more

Fulham still get plenty of seats, as does another club in South London - though that may have something to do with ground standards.

Didnt Portsmouth want to build a similar new ground whilst 'Arry was in charge ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With QPR in that Stadium, the Hammers in the Olympic Stadium & Spurs in a brand new 60k arena, I know of at least one London club that will be feeling very sorry for themselves!!! :wave:

Brentford have been given permission to build a new stadium , it was announced a few days ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here