Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR top of the league

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
No worries - it won't last.

Didn't we get uptight when everybody said this about us last year? Good luck to them. Maybe they'll stay the course. Maybe they won't. We just need to get on with winning games and being tough to beat and hope it all sorts itself out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of the four 100% teams, only QPR have an easyish game midweek which they'd expect to win. I think the other 3 will all drop points.

I think Fulham will probably do well at Leeds.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
QPR still have not settled with the EFL in respect of breaching FFP rules three seasons ago.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't we get uptight when everybody said this about us last year? Good luck to them. Maybe they'll stay the course. Maybe they won't. We just need to get on with winning games and being tough to beat and hope it all sorts itself out.

Fair point, but I don't think we got too uptight after two matches!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Surprised at the Barnsley result v Derby, just goes to show how hard it is going to be in this division this season.
I would be surprised if anyone ran away with it.................cough, Newcastle, cough.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pathetic isn't it. They're right back down in the football league again, but still nothing can seemingly be done.

The story I have heard (and I didn't get this from BHAFC) is that the matter is discussed at EFL meetings, but nothing is formally minuted.

This is because QPR have very aggressive (and expensive) lawyers and the EFL are being very cautious in terms of their proceedings.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Bristol City have played two promoted sides... their loan striker has had the usual good start in sunny early season conditions.... don't expect that to last..... but Fulham are looking interesting..... they could be back in contention after some stagnant seasons.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bristol City have played two promoted sides... their loan striker has had the usual good start in sunny early season conditions.... don't expect that to last..... but Fulham are looking interesting..... they could be back in contention after some stagnant seasons.

Are Bristol City this year's haven't-played-anyone-decent-yet team ? ???

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Impossible to rule any team in or out of promotion challenge this early in the season. Wait until 10 games and then you have a decent idea.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Are Bristol City this year's haven't-played-anyone-decent-yet team ? ???
Maybe.... but there are strong rumours that Kodjia will move on with a big money bid.... so that will leave them light again.... bottom half..... my 2 for a push this year are SWFC and Wolves, I now think Fulham could be amongst it too.

Note: I am not counting the Albion and the 3 relegated teams, as I suspect all will be pushing too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here