Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar set to lose World Cup?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Then the report is suppressed by FIFA.

This is my favourite quote regarding this point:

Publishing the report in full would actually put the FIFA Ethics Committee and FIFA itself in a very difficult situation legally. What is more, we have to respect the personal rights of the people mentioned in the report, which in the case of full publication of the report would in all likelihood not be possible.
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/footballgovernance/news/newsid=2457878/index.html

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So the future King of our country and David Beckham were supporting a corrupt bid to host the World Cup? Nevr mind its gone to country that has human rights abuses, suppresses women and has 40 degree heat to play in. Never mind Blatter will oversee the disruption of all European football and billions of pounds being spent on stadia, the legacy of this building spree will be? How long do we have to have these corrupt, self serving crooks running the game, if they push this too hard it may well lead to splits in the game.
Goal line technology, a fourth official coming later than many sports, the banning of PL teams playing games in other parts of the world ( re NFL looking for a wider market). BUt at least we have shaving foam on the ground at free kicks.. sometimes. FIFA is run on a feudal system, is corrupt to its core and is becoming more irrelevant.

I think you're being very unfair to the feudal system. It had several positive aspects to it but they're often overlooked because it makes a nifty soundbite.

FIFA are obviously still all self-serving tossbags though.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is that the personal right to continue accepting bribes at every available opportunity with nothing done about it?

What a ****ing shambles

We cannot possibly be open and transparent because that would put our 'Openness and Transparency' department at great risk of not looking open and transparent.

NSC Marches on FIFA HQ.

ejidqg.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would love for us to quit FIFA I really would.

We could not do it as being the governing body of world football we could not play any matches against any country or club that is registered and affiliated to FIFA, how many and who does that leave us to play against at international or club level. Not many teams.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
There are countless world boxing organisations - several darts organisations - and a variety of other sports have rival primary governing bodies. Why is there only one FIFA ? I suggest the campaign is launched to set up a rival organisation to run world football competitions but only for those wishing to operate on an open and transparent basis. The sponsors and "clean" countries would be flocking to the new entity. Let's start with the Monopolies Commission for legitimacy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here