Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Purchasing New Kit at the Club Shop

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Correct answer - some very silly rules around at mo with the Albion / covid whoever’s ridiculous rule that is.

Quite, I tried two jackets on in a shop a few weeks ago, bought one and the other they put in a bin to quarantine for 24 hours before putting it out on the racks again

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Damn right. Luckily that nasty old virus has gone now... Oh, wait a minute

It may never go. If you want to put your life on hold then great. Hardly a difficult job to quick clean a changing room after use. We can pack 30 000 in a stadium but we cannot try a t-shirt on. Go figure.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Quite, I tried two jackets on in a shop a few weeks ago, bought one and the other they put in a bin to quarantine for 24 hours before putting it out on the racks again

Again, I bet they aren’t doing it for fun or to make things difficult. I’m sure they are acting on expert medical and legal advice. Imagine the number of outraged people on here if the jacket had been put straight back on the rack.

Give the club a bit of credit rather than picking holes in everything it does (this isn’t directed at you Gaswag)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Again, I bet they aren’t doing it for fun or to make things difficult. I’m sure they are acting on expert medical and legal advice. Imagine the number of outraged people on here if the jacket had been put straight back on the rack.

Give the club a bit of credit rather than picking holes in everything it does (this isn’t directed at you Gaswag)

Most places have their changing rooms open now

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Way OTT.

Makes no sense to take clothing back home, expose it to much much more bacteria, and then hand it back to staff 24h later!?
That's devoid of common sense.

And how/why the heck are changing rooms closed?

We've been almost entirely up and running for a few months now. Just need masks on in some stores.

Almost all companies have vastly improved their return processes too - not done the opposite.

When I worked in retail before Christmas, we were required to "quarantine" all returned stock for 72 hours. With fitting rooms open, stores would very quickly run out of stock. Not sure what the requirements are now though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The sizing is within the online shop on the club website. Measure his chest and arm length before you go, and take a tape measure with you to the shop.
You are allowed to hold the shirt up to him to see if it looks the right size.

Indeed. It's as if some people have never been shopping before. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Indeed. It's as if some people have never been shopping before. :shrug:

My motto when my kids were young, was , if in doubt, go up a size. They'll always grow into it. Mind you, they had to go to school looking like this.

clothes too large.jpg

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
The sizing is within the online shop on the club website. Measure his chest and arm length before you go, and take a tape measure with you to the shop.
You are allowed to hold the shirt up to him to see if it looks the right size.

Not that easy. I am a 3XL. In Tesco a 3XL. In ASDA a 3XL.
My wife bought me a T shirt and 1st team shirt at the shop. On trying on at home,T Shirt, 3XL Great fit. 1ST team shirt 3XL too tight. Can't be arsed to take it back so have to lose a few pounds.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not that easy. I am a 3XL. In Tesco a 3XL. In ASDA a 3XL.
My wife bought me a T shirt and 1st team shirt at the shop. On trying on at home,T Shirt, 3XL Great fit. 1ST team shirt 3XL too tight. Can't be arsed to take it back so have to lose a few pounds.

Yes Nike have a habit of undersizing their garments. Oh well, you have an incentive.

I bought the ladies away shirt which does fit, fortunately. I photoed the badge which is what I have as my avatar.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I did say I lived 30 miles away and I appreciate some live a lot further just seems crazy , not the young girl in the shops fault she just said that’s what I’ve been told to say sorry .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you - I will be going to the club shop next week to get shirts for my kids. I live 245 miles away.

Granted, I won't just be coming down for new shirts. But it is a pain that we cannot return same day if they don't fit.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was hoping to try om some new away shorts, soil myself, and then put them back on the shelf, so if this isn't possible I guess I'll be taking my custom elsewhere.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was rather fortunate and won this season’s home shirt in a Twitter competition, I’d say sizes are a smidge smaller than usual.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Everyone's lost their minds!

We've spent our whole lives being exposed to bacteria, viruses, dirt and dust. People are behaving as if the world was created in March 2020! And basing all the rules on it :facepalm:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Everyone's lost their minds!

We've spent our whole lives being exposed to bacteria, viruses, dirt and dust. People are behaving as if the world was created in March 2020! And basing all the rules on it :facepalm:

I don't think that is the case - as someone put it, surely there is more potential for bacteria and virus(es?) to be shared if an item is taken home for 24 hours and then returned.

I sort of feel the method that used to be in M&S for men's formal shirts may be the better solution, where they have a few for trying on - not necessarily in the design you are after, but you can try it on. These can be regularly washed, and the shirts that you actually buy are in a sealed packet.

In this case, the 'try on' versions could actually be much cheaper nike shirts, so long as they were the same fit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Us old-timers still get all misty-eyed for the days when you went into ye old club shoppe by the Clock Tower and just grabbed the biggest top they had in stock. Think my personal best was 5XL :blush:

Or as it was known at the time, 'Butters'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think that is the case - as someone put it, surely there is more potential for bacteria and virus(es?) to be shared if an item is taken home for 24 hours and then returned.

I sort of feel the method that used to be in M&S for men's formal shirts may be the better solution, where they have a few for trying on - not necessarily in the design you are after, but you can try it on. These can be regularly washed, and the shirts that you actually buy are in a sealed packet.

In this case, the 'try on' versions could actually be much cheaper nike shirts, so long as they were the same fit.

Sounds like common sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here