Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Purchasing New Kit at the Club Shop

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Hi, does anyone know if you can go into the shop & try a top on? Or do you have to buy one, take it home & if it doesn't fit, take it back 24 hours later?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You aren’t allowed to try it on.
I don’t know what the policy is on taking it back.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
About time all retail shops opened their changing rooms. No excuse anymore.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
My lad went in and tried one on without issue. However I was charged £68 for a kids shirt with printing.

Turns out I was charged for an adult shirt and double printing.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
We went in a few months ago when the kit went on sale & they wouldn't let my son try one on. My answer was to buy one, go outside, let him try it on, if it didn't fit, take it back. They said I couldn't do that as they can't exchange the same day. Don't want to make a wasted trip as my son wants the Goalkeeper kit for when we go away this Saturday.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
When In today and it’s buy today take home try on bring back if not
I said I’ll go outside and try it on they said no as it got to be at least 24hours wot a load of Bollox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We went in a few months ago when the kit went on sale & they wouldn't let my son try one on. My answer was to buy one, go outside, let him try it on, if it didn't fit, take it back. They said I couldn't do that as they can't exchange the same day. Don't want to make a wasted trip as my son wants the Goalkeeper kit for when we go away this Saturday.

The sizing is within the online shop on the club website. Measure his chest and arm length before you go, and take a tape measure with you to the shop.
You are allowed to hold the shirt up to him to see if it looks the right size.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I said I’ll go outside and try it on they said no as it got to be at least 24hours wot a load of Bollox

Correct answer - some very silly rules around at mo with the Albion / covid whoever’s ridiculous rule that is.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
The sizing is within the online shop on the club website. Measure his chest and arm length before you go, and take a tape measure with you to the shop.
You are allowed to hold the shirt up to him to see if it looks the right size.

Thanks, we did that with the Training kit & got it slightly wrong.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m sure the club hasn’t introduced/continued these safeguards just to be awkward and to reduce sales.

They are probably just trying to protect their staff and customers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Us old-timers still get all misty-eyed for the days when you went into ye old club shoppe by the Clock Tower and just grabbed the biggest top they had in stock. Think my personal best was 5XL :blush:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Also don’t forget to bring COVID pass and ID to enter stadium perimeter

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I wonder how they would react if you went back to the club shop the next day and said, I brought this shirt yesterday, and when I tired it on this morning I noticed I had brought the wrong size can you exchange you the next size up, thanks.

No problem, or sorry you need to being it back tomorrow if you haven't tired it on again.

Seagulls1974

Banned
Jul 15, 2021
What’s stopping anybody from trying shirts on by kinda hiding ? Especially if you’re a kid OR just try it on ? What’s the worst that could happen. Can’t imagine the staff will do much !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not following, why do you need to try on a t-shirt? doesnt holding it up to check length and width suffice?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Way OTT.

Makes no sense to take clothing back home, expose it to much much more bacteria, and then hand it back to staff 24h later!?
That's devoid of common sense.

And how/why the heck are changing rooms closed?

We've been almost entirely up and running for a few months now. Just need masks on in some stores.

Almost all companies have vastly improved their return processes too - not done the opposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here