Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Punter BANNED from London Rd William Hills

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I recognise the bloke and have to say that the reason for the ban is more likely to do with his choice language and the loudness in which he uses it rather than his success ratio. I will offer good odds on that, 1-100 sound ok?

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep, recognise him. The bloke next to him with grey hair and blue shirt looks familiar too. I suspect there's more to this story than meets the eye.

I've been banned from a bookmakers only once over the years. I was on a roll of taking a small independent in Portsmouth to the cleaners some years ago. After a 500/1 ew shot came second in the 1987 Derby (Terrimon trained by Clive Brittain), A full house yankee at Goodwood, two hefty fixed odds accumulators in the first two weeks of the season plus Tony Bin winning the Arc that same year at 20/1, I was persona non grata in that establishment.

Re the 500/1 shot: One of Clive Brittains lads of the time was an Albion fan. :whistle:

Terimon was 2nd in the 1989 Derby as well! Apparently the only horse to have run in the Derby twice.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I recognise the bloke and have to say that the reason for the ban is more likely to do with his choice language and the loudness in which he uses it rather than his success ratio. I will offer good odds on that, 1-100 sound ok?

Yes indeed, not the most Kiplingesque of characters from what I remember....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yep, recognise him. The bloke next to him with grey hair and blue shirt looks familiar too. I suspect there's more to this story than meets the eye.

I've been banned from a bookmakers only once over the years. I was on a roll of taking a small independent in Portsmouth to the cleaners some years ago. After a 500/1 ew shot came second in the 1987 Derby (Terrimon trained by Clive Brittain), A full house yankee at Goodwood, two hefty fixed odds accumulators in the first two weeks of the season plus Tony Bin winning the Arc that same year at 20/1, I was persona non grata in that establishment.

Re the 500/1 shot: One of Clive Brittains lads of the time was an Albion fan. :whistle:

1987 Derby

1st Reference Point 6/4 Fav
2nd Most Welcome 33/1
3rd Bellotto 11/1

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It will only get worse for them if they backed Last Minute Lisa today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here