Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulls MUST pay Palace £3.5million

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
No you are of course right. Companies who were expecting to be paid a certain amount of money, were delighted to have to accept less on the proviso the alternative may be getting nothing.
Some Brighton fans, deluded? No, of course not.

With respect, if you were a creditor, you would appreciate the difference between agreeing upon a financial settlement and having one imposed on you.

Albion had to cash in its major assets (players and ground) in order to honour the financial settlement that it agreed with its creditors. Which assets did Palace cash in so as to meet the settlement that it imposed on its creditors?

Mar 2, 2016
With respect, if you were a creditor, you would appreciate the difference between agreeing upon a financial settlement and having one imposed on you.

Albion had to cash in its major assets (players and ground) in order to honour the financial settlement that it agreed with its creditors. Which assets did Palace cash in so as to meet the settlement that it imposed on its creditors?

Boo hoo.
It's a tough, hard world out there so you do what you have to to survive.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

No business owner ever has been happy with accepting less. It wasn't a discount that you received, it was companies having to accept or they would receive hardly anything if the company went to the wall.
Anyway I'm bored of this now, believe what you will if it makes you all happy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
OK, I'll remember that if some palace troll ever claims that palace's financial gamesmanship before 2010 has no longer any relevance.
It's very much a case of having your cake and eating it.

This is how it works.

Palace can't be blamed for things financially that occurred before 2010 because that's an old regime. BUT crucially Palace can receive the plaudits for any on the field achievements before that time.

Handy that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No business owner ever has been happy with accepting less. It wasn't a discount that you received, it was companies having to accept or they would receive hardly anything if the company went to the wall.
Anyway I'm bored of this now, believe what you will if it makes you all happy.
Just a couple of questions.

1) No one ever is able to name who 'these companies' are. You seem quite well versed in the negotiations that you claim occurred. Could you let us at least know the names ?

2) Why did 'these companies' not go to court after we sold the Goldstone to claim their money if they didn't want to do a deal for a discount ? Surely they would chase their debt ?

Don't spend too much time on it, I'm sure you have no idea of the answers :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Boo hoo.
It's a tough, hard world out there so you do what you have to to survive.

I have just checked and since joining under this username, you seem to be averaging 8.75 posts per day.

I thought you might like to know that continuing at this rate for a year would put you comfortably within the top twenty most prolific posters on this board... this board about Brighton & Hove Albion FC.... that team you despise.

All the others in the top twenty are unsurprisingly, Brighton fans. They are on here because they like talking about Brighton. You are on here to argue with Brighton fans about Crystal Palace. This may be news to you, but a lot of Brighton fans don't really like Crystal Palace and you are rather putting yourself in a situation where you are going to be met with negativity on a fairly constant basis. The tone of your posts suggest that this seems to be impacting upon your own mood

Now you are obviously free to make your own choices, but I fear that confronting and maintaining this level of hostility over a sustained period may not be good for your blood pressure. Instead, why not take up a hobby, or go out and meet friends. I am sure that your overall well-being will see benefits.

It really is a lovely day out there...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They can win in the courtroom. They can win in the FA Cup. But can they win in the league? Can they f*ck!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have just checked and since joining under this username, you seem to be averaging 8.75 posts per day.

I thought you might like to know that continuing at this rate for a year would put you comfortably within the top twenty most prolific posters on this board... this board about Brighton & Hove Albion FC.... that team you despise.

All the others in the top twenty are unsurprisingly, Brighton fans. They are on here because they like talking about Brighton. You are on here to argue with Brighton fans about Crystal Palace. This may be news to you, but a lot of Brighton fans don't really like Crystal Palace and you are rather putting yourself in a situation where you are going to be met with negativity on a fairly constant basis. The tone of your posts suggest that this seems to be impacting upon your own mood

Now you are obviously free to make your own choices, but I fear that confronting and maintaining this level of hostility over a sustained period may not be good for your blood pressure. Instead, why not take up a hobby, or go out and meet friends. I am sure that your overall well-being will see benefits.

The most roundabout way of telling someone to f*ck off that I've ever read.

Mar 2, 2016

You took the time to check my profile to see how many posts I've made per day? And you call me a saddo!

Irony not your speciality is it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would you not be gloating against a man who obviously tried to rip you off and left you in the lurch at the start of a new season?

And the man that gave them the start of the season in the Premier League, not the Championship against all the odds. Stay classy Palace as usual..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And the man that gave them the start of the season in the Premier League, not the Championship against all the odds. Stay classy Palace as usual..

They rightly took a stand. Here you had a classic example of manager power in which they demand a club spend beyond their means. Parish rightly said there wasn't the budget, so Pulis strops off with his £2m or whatever (coincidently after he'd asked it to be paid early...). Now, we can be all bipartisan about everything Palace, but on this occasion I do think they are bang in the right. Pulls walked out after the season had started because like a spoilt child he didn't get what he wanted. I hope Palace get back every last penny because no doubt that bonus was paid as part of the larger terms of the overall contract, Pulis broke that contract by walking out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here