Pulls MUST pay Palace £3.5million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Don't judge us by your own standards. We also know what it's like to have shyster owners, but didn't jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Your lot has been in administration twice.

Sorry, if you believe it was voluntary and the companies involved were perfectly happy to accept less money then I will leave you to your happy thoughts.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It's the same little band of Palace trolls on here so don't presume they're all like that. I'd like to give special praise to Swillis though. You're my number one today. After telling me to calm down, he's crumbled and had to go off for a morning sleep.

Yes, having to sleep. Very weird that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There does not have to be a legal dispute. Do you not know how these things work, its always a take what we offer or maybe spend up with nothing. Now I'm not saying Brighton were wrong to do this, its just things that happen. That the likes of you and me have no control over, so to use it as a stick to beat the opposing set of fans, is a bit tragic.
Well if there is no legal dispute then it cannot be equated to Palace's history of financial 'shenanigans' can it ?

And this is the only reason this supposed deal with an unspecified supplier is ever mentioned - as an attempt to claim that Palace's cheating a falsely high league position at the expense of their creditors is the same as what the albion did.

But there is no dispute. The deal was possibly done. No one felt aggrieved and had to go to court. No one had a financial settlement imposed on them.

:lolol:

Mar 2, 2016
Well if there is no legal dispute then it cannot be equated to Palace's history of financial 'shenanigans' can it ?

And this is the only reason this supposed deal with an unspecified supplier is ever mentioned - as an attempt to claim that Palace's cheating a falsely high league position at the expense of their creditors is the same as what the albion did.

But there is no dispute. The deal was possibly done. No one felt aggrieved and had to go to court. No one had a financial settlement imposed on them.

:lolol:

Once again, you're lumping together dealings of previous owners with the club as a whole.
Show me any proof of financial shennanigans involving Parish and co. because you're labelling them the same.
We've all had owners we'd rather never been born, don't you think?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Once again, you're lumping together dealings of previous owners with the club as a whole.
Show me any proof of financial shennanigans involving Parish and co. because you're labelling them the same.
We've all had owners we'd rather never been born, don't you think?
Sorry, I do forget you are now CPFC2010, and 6 years old.

The previous Palace has long since expired.

Mar 2, 2016
Sorry, I do forget you are now CPFC2010, and 6 years old.

The previous Palace has long since expired.

No. The previous owners are now extinct.
Take a look at our club honours. It doesn't just say Play Off winners 2013. It also contains the words 1979 Division Two Champions.
Remember that one?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Since when has the PL had the power to force an ex-employee to repay money to a previous employer ? Off to court they go .....

It's not the PL though

"Palace took the case to an independent mediation tribunal set up under FA rules to avoid football disputes going to court"

I presume this is legal binding as sports arbitration has proved to be so in the past.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No. The previous owners are now extinct.
Take a look at our club honours. It doesn't just say Play Off winners 2013. It also contains the words 1979 Division Two Champions.
Remember that one?
I thought CPFC2010 is a new club, a fresh start, and a clean break from the historic past of financial mismanagement ? :shrug:

Mar 2, 2016
I thought CPFC2010 is a new club, a fresh start, and a clean break from the historic past of financial mismanagement ? :shrug:

Well you thought wrong. Again.
CPFC2010 are the present owners. We're still the same Crystal Palace formed in 1905.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
CPFC2010 are the present owners. We're still the same Crystal Palace formed in 1905.
OK, I'll remember that if some palace troll ever claims that palace's financial gamesmanship before 2010 has no longer any relevance.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Your username might soon be obsolete...unless, of course, the unthinkable happens...

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I don't have to pretend.

No you are of course right. Companies who were expecting to be paid a certain amount of money, were delighted to have to accept less on the proviso the alternative may be getting nothing.
Some Brighton fans, deluded? No, of course not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports