Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pulis willing to talk to the albion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh yes, the job he took at Premier League Palace, keeping them in the division, winning a manager if the year award in the process, and resigning with his 'never relegated' record intact, and his stock at an all time high. Even if the Brighton job is equally as prestigious as the Palace job he took at the time (a view probably not particularly popular outside of....Brighton), it would appear by his departure from Palace that he considers himself destined for even better/more lucrative things.

Otherwise, I make you right

Palace was a 'no lose' proposition for him. If Palace went down - it was as expected. If he saved them - he pulled off a miracle, and so it transpired.

I would imagine most clubs outside the top 6 or 7 in the PL would take Pulis given that, if they are seeking to make an appointment, it is likely to mean they are struggling to some degree and want their fortunes turned around. He's just been very unlucky that we're now at Christmas and there hasn't been a single managerial change in the top flight yet. Leicester must be getting twitchy now, particularly given what Pulis did for Palace last year and Hull can't be too happy either. You'd imagine he'd be a hot favourite for both of those if they came up.

He must be missing the day to day cut and thrust of management now - how long does he wait?

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Oh yes, the job he took at Premier League Palace, keeping them in the division, winning a manager if the year award in the process, and resigning with his 'never relegated' record intact, and his stock at an all time high. Even if the Brighton job is equally as prestigious as the Palace job he took at the time (a view probably not particularly popular outside of....Brighton), it would appear by his departure from Palace that he considers himself destined for even better/more lucrative things.

Otherwise, I make you right

No doubt he did a good job keeping a Championship squad in the Prem league. Hence the reason he's on the list

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
GLENDOWER. I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
HOTSPUR. Why, so can I, or so can any man; But will they come when you do call for them?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Palace was a 'no lose' proposition for him. If Palace went down - it was as expected. If he saved them - he pulled off a miracle, and so it transpired.

I would imagine most clubs outside the top 6 or 7 in the PL would take Pulis given that, if they are seeking to make an appointment, it is likely to mean they are struggling to some degree and want their fortunes turned around. He's just been very unlucky that we're now at Christmas and there hasn't been a single managerial change in the top flight yet. Leicester must be getting twitchy now, particularly given what Pulis did for Palace last year and Hull can't be too happy either. You'd imagine he'd be a hot favourite for both of those if they came up.

He must be missing the day to day cut and thrust of management now - how long does he wait?

I would imagine he's not in so much of a hurry that he'd take any old job, having collected a £1m bonus a day before resigning, with the proviso that Palace receive a hefty compensation payment if he takes a job before the end of the year. I don't know Pulis personally, but my hunch is that he waits until the vast majority of the cost of acquiring his services goes into his own pockets.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would imagine he's not in so much of a hurry that he'd take any old job, having collected a £1m bonus a day before resigning, with the proviso that Palace receive a hefty compensation payment if he takes a job before the end of the year. I don't know Pulis personally, but my hunch is that he waits until the vast majority of the cost of acquiring his services goes into his own pockets.
His stock is rising by the minute. £1m eh!

:lolol:

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Your disdain for Palace has blinded you from the actual mission statement for the BHAFC managerial job which is (as stated by yur own fans) keeping a League One quality squad in the Championship.

BEWARE. Plenty of sad nobs on here pretending to be from Brighton but clearly with nothing better to do than troll all day.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
He would probably keep you up and get you promoted the following season, but I do recognise the importance of pretending your team plays like Barcelona, and the psychological comfort gleaned from a false sense of superiority.

Thanks for all those probably's; I'll probably just ignore your logic.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11683886.Pulis_willing_to_talk_to_Albion/

by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Tony Pulis is willing to listen to Albion if they want him to be their next manager.

Pulis, runaway leader of The Argus website poll as the readers' choice to replace Sami Hyypia, is currently involved in media work after quitting Crystal Palace in August.

Dorset-based Pulis, speaking on Talksport, said: "I don't want to be disrespectful to anybody. If anybody rings us then I'll talk to anybody and we'll work it out from there."

The cost of hiring Pulis could be prohibitive but a source close to the Welshman has told The Argus he is not ruling out the chance to develop a club at Championship level, rather than firefighting in the Premier League.

Now we will see what ambitions for the club Tony really has

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I agree. There are too many reasons why he wouldn't come to Brighton with the situation we are in at present. Recruitment arrangements, budget, league position, his deal with palace (if true), Barber (say no more) and Bloom not wanting to hand full control to the manager all being pretty substantial reasons why he wouldn't come. Any one of those could rule it out. From what I've seem of his comments all he is saying is "I'm still here and I still want to manage" - nothing more.

He won't be the next manager of Brighton although I'd be very happy to be proved wrong.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would say he would be perfect but doubt Burke or Jones would survive his appointment.

If Bloom is intent on sticking with the current structure there is no way Pullis would come here.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What Pullis actually said was he is willing to listen to ANY club that may be interested in his services NOT just Albion.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure of the intention of your post, but being paid £1m for six months to sit on your arse, as well as the income from his media commitments to me suggests he's in a decent position to bide his time.
The fact he stung you for a million, then pissed off the following day amuses me.

I don't think he'll come here, I'd expect a Leicester or Hull to try for him, which are both more his style (unfashionable PL clubs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here