Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis fining Palace's divers

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Some players take it to the other extreme - I've seen CMS soldier on when he's been scythed down, only to end up making a pathetic attempt to score when virtually crawling along.....end result, ref gave nothing. Players know that the best option is generally to go down. Unfortunately.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lopez and Buckley would be on the breadline if we brought that in.

What No Kaz?

You missed the proverbial in the room there, G. :wink:

Fair play to Tony Pulis though. I just wish all managers would do the same.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What No Kaz?

You missed the proverbial in the room there, G. :wink:

I think there are three different scenarios when it comes to Buckley, Spanish Dave and Kaz and only one is the more typical one that we saw from the hapless Cameron Jerome on Sunday...

1. Buckley: he does look for a leg to tactically trip over in the box. Also see: Zaha, W; Murray, G and Jerome C.

2. Spanish Dave: I don't think he goes looking for a foul but, when fouled, will sometimes milk it to the absolute full often involving multiple pirouettes. It's the sort of thing that English fans are used to seeing from foreign players in World Cups and the like and we always laugh as it's never been part of the English game. I don't think these have ever happened in the box.

3. LuaLua: He is the most curious case I think as it only seems to happen when he's badly out of form. He'll try and beat his man, stuff it up and go over easily. Sitting on the turf, he'll throw his hands up in the air in exasperation but as if he's been hard done by. I think he, as well as us, know it's not a foul. He'll also know that he's not having a good day. Again, I'm not sure I can recall these ever happening in the box and they certainly do not involve going over a trailing leg.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think there are three different scenarios when it comes to Buckley, Spanish Dave and Kaz and only one is the more typical one that we saw from the hapless Cameron Jerome on Sunday...

1. Buckley: he does look for a leg to tactically trip over in the box. Also see: Zaha, W; Murray, G and Jerome C.

2. Spanish Dave: I don't think he goes looking for a foul but, when fouled, will sometimes milk it to the absolute full often involving multiple pirouettes. It's the sort of thing that English fans are used to seeing from foreign players in World Cups and the like and we always laugh as it's never been part of the English game. I don't think these have ever happened in the box.

3. LuaLua: He is the most curious case I think as it only seems to happen when he's badly out of form. He'll try and beat his man, stuff it up and go over easily. Sitting on the turf, he'll throw his hands up in the air in exasperation but as if he's been hard done by. I think he, as well as us, know it's not a foul. He'll also know that he's not having a good day. Again, I'm not sure I can recall these ever happening in the box and they certainly do not involve going over a trailing leg.

Liking those explanations of individual diving shenanigans there, Mr B.

So in a nutshell or 3, we have:-

(A) Will 'Trailing Leg' Buckley

(B) Spanish 'Triple Salchow with Full Pike' Dave

(C) Kazenga 'Fumble 'n' Fall' LuaLua

ps Any further tweaking happily considered. :thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Our worst exponent used to be Ashley 'Platoon' Barnes

He is now being shot on a regular basis up North.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Platoon.jpg

Sergent Elias Barnes is once again gunned down by the Vietnamese

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here