Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pub destinations in London on semi-final day

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So my ticket is bought and thoughts are now turning to what pub(s) to head for in London on route to Wembley. In 2019 a favourite destination seemed to be the Globe or Spoons in Baker Street. Would love to get everyone’s thoughts on where people are heading as I want to head for places that will be well populated by fellow Albion fans !

Also, our designated pub at Wembley last time was the Green Man, is it safe to assume it will be the same this time seeing as we’re located at the same end of the stadium ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
before the Leicester away game there was a lot of chatter on social media regards what bar to go to , consequently the pub was full and there was a massive queue out the door and people waiting 40+ mins to be served....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Market Porter is near London Bridge Station that's on the Jubilee Line that goes to Wembley Park. It sells Harvey's Best. Harvey's own pub in London, the Royal Oak isn't far away either.

I'm tempted to come myself! Hope you manage what Fulham spectacularly failed to do and stuff'em.
Jubilee line takes ages though.

A little tip - head over the river and anywhere metropolitan line. Good pubs, quiet at weekends, quick to Wembley

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also, our designated pub at Wembley last time was the Green Man, is it safe to assume it will be the same this time seeing as we’re located at the same end of the stadium ?

it wasn't just one designated pub, this was the full list:
  • The Green Man, Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
  • Liquor Station, 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
  • JJ Moons, 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
  • Masti, 576 – 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
  • Flannery’s Bar, 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
  • Station 31 (Speakeasy), 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
  • The Corner House (Mannions), 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
  • The Arch (temporarily closed), 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
  • Holiday Inn, Empire Way, HA9 8DS
  • St George Hotel, 43 -51 Wembley Hill Road, HA9 8AU
  • Ibis Hotel, South Way, Wembley, HA9 8AD
  • Best Western Hotel, 365 Wembley High Road, HA9 6AY
  • Events Pad – Fan Zone, Wembley Park Boulevard
  • Box Park, Olympic Way, Wembley HA9 OJT

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
@Springal You're right about the Jubilee / Metropolitan, but you've got Harvey's! Also, changing to the Metropolitan is dead easy at Finchley Road. Likely to be loads of ManUre getting on at Euston.

When I went to Fulham's playoff final, couldn't get into the designated pub near the ground so ended up at the Fanzone near the ground - was OK actually, although did have my 10yo daughter and her mate in tow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Our group would like to as well. I wonder how they’ll sort tickets for it this time. In 2019, they were sold at the same time as match tickets, IIRC.
Our game isn't even on the Box Park website yet (hardly surprising as the FA has only just got round to announcing the date/time). The Plymouth v Bolton game is on there at the moment for this weekends Football League Trophy final. Box Park has been designated a Plymouth venue, as they have the western end of the stadium, as we did in 2019. Apparently fans allocated the western end get the Box Park, so that being the case it SHOULD be ours again. £10, with cheap-ish grogg and scoff, within spitting distance of the ground. Whats not to like ?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Boxpark is ours again, but it is a ticketed venue, and having gone there last time, I wouldn’t imagine the capacity is any more than about 1000 absolute tops. Although I was a bit trolleyed.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Blimey, just checked the Boxpark Wembley website and apparently absolute max capacity is 2000.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£10, with cheap-ish grogg and scoff, within spitting distance of the ground. Whats not to like ?
beer in plastic gladses
Warm beer
Sweet Caroline / freed from Desire on constant loop
?? 😎

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here