Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pub destinations in London on semi-final day

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went in The Globe late morning until about 2.45 pm, I no longer drink but enjoyed the atmosphere inside and my ears are still ringing, shame it was raining and fair play to those outside.
A fair few blue smoke bombs were let off outside and the smoke alarms went off at one point.
Baker Street to Wembley was an easy journey, pretty funny when the alert went off at 3pm on the tube.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm sure the pub will be able to afford a couple of new tables out of the profits from their price-gouging on food and drin

The tables that collapsed were pretty old and weather worn.

Ronald got into the Green Man but this is after 2:30pm I think as the tables were moved by the security around then:

(from about 50 seconds into until 5:05 is Green Man)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Boxpark was good. Carling was £4.50 a pint (yes I know its Carling, but we were there early so I didn't want to get spannered), and had a very decent double cheeseburger with fries for £11 as well. These were not the London prices I was expecting. Loads of staff, so there were barely any queues at the bars either. A BIT loud for my liking but then I am officially an old fart.

Had a quick fumble with Gully as well. Whats no to like ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Used The Liquor Station pre and post match. Pretty busy before the game but not that bad to get served.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boxpark was good. Carling was £4.50 a pint (yes I know its Carling, but we were there early so I didn't want to get spannered), and had a very decent double cheeseburger with fries for £11 as well. These were not the London prices I was expecting. Loads of staff, so there were barely any queues at the bars either. A BIT loud for my liking but then I am officially an old fart.

We'll let Gully be the judge of that...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We'll let Gully be the judge of that...
20230423_132622.jpg

He loved it. Just look at his face

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The tables that collapsed were pretty old and weather worn.

Ronald got into the Green Man but this is after 2:30pm I think as the tables were moved by the security around then:

(from about 50 seconds into until 5:05 is Green Man)

Glad I avoided that pub, got to 1 1/2 minutes in the video, I’m 40 years too old to have been with those boys :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

20% off thanks to AMEX was a real bonus. BoxPark was great value and best part of day for me. As documented, Wembley itself is pretty crap if you don't win.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
20% off thanks to AMEX was a real bonus. BoxPark was great value and best part of day for me. As documented, Wembley itself is pretty crap if you don't win.

The free scarves were a nice touch as well, especially as they retail for more than the tenner it cost to get in!

So yes - thanks AMEX!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Was this info available beforehand?
pleasantly surprised at the drinks prices 🍻
Actually cheaper than spoons
Music far too loud for me as well 🤪

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Boxpark was the highlight of my day too. Food and drink reasonably priced, there was a selection of beers, so didn’t need to drink the default Carling - I had a Blue Moon (thinking it would be a good omen for us to play City in the final) and a few pints of Madri after that (thinking it would bring Sanchez luck, whilst completely forgetting about de Gea).

We also met Dale Stephens and Stevie Sidwell in the Boxpark, had a nice chat and they were happy to have photos with the kids - both top blokes who were also both confident of a Brighton win. Goes to show these ex-pros know nothing about the game!

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The Globe was great as usual, decent beer and very lively. Plus it always surprises me how quickly you can get to Wembley Park on the Met Line from Baker Street ha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here