Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Protester climbs onto crucible snooker table

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If they get in my way on Sunday and hold up my progress to Wembley, then regardless of their cause, I shall not be held responsible for my actions.
I’m willing to bet you do nothing other than mutter a few angry words at most.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No gluing to roads but we did slow down/stop traffic on the Old Shoreham Road by deliberately and repeatedly pressing the crossing buttons.….and then walking back and forth….repeat and repeat . There was the jamming of the Focus help line number and the post-Brentford incident where numerous Albion supporters clogged up the local Focus tills by putting loads of small items through, claiming wallets were left in cars and leaving the store never to return to the waiting cashiers. I’m sure this “bollocks up the lives of the general public in order to make a point.”

I agree no horses were molested though.
Not quite on the same scale as making people miss hospital appointments and funerals though, is it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if we stopped any drilling for oil, how will we raise windfall taxes on the oil companies?

this group protestors want the end of western life. this is a piece from their website:
This focus on energy reduction has run alongside an emergency investment programme in renewable energy – with taxpayer subsidies transferred from fossil fuels to wind, tidal and solar. The result is a grid that runs entirely on renewables: generated at home, stored at home and used at home.
so point one, if renewables are to be subsidised from fossil fuels, there needs to be fossil fuels, right? second a "grid" based on domestic generation, storage and use leaves nothing for business, industry, commerce to use. we're supposed to become subsistence producers of energy, and inevitably food, since so much production requires oil based chemicals. it is clueless. they want you to live in a smaller home, give up holidays, share your vacuum cleaner, you wont need to buy anything new because you'll just use the existing clothes, electronics and furniture. no, its batshit crazy.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not quite on the same scale as making people miss hospital appointments and funerals though, is it.
Possibly, but you didn’t suggest that did you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
if we stopped any drilling for oil, how will we raise windfall taxes on the oil companies?

this group protestors want the end of western life. this is a piece from their website:

so point one, if renewables are to be subsidised from fossil fuels, there needs to be fossil fuels, right? second a "grid" based on domestic generation, storage and use leaves nothing for business, industry, commerce to use. we're supposed to become subsistence producers of energy, and inevitably food, since so much production requires oil based chemicals. it is clueless.

Edit: Actually I can't be bothered

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This has been consistently proven to be bollocks by the way. “All publicity is good publicity” is absolutely not the case. It can harden views certainly, one way or the other, but it can also turn people on the fence against the messenger, ignoring the message.

If genuine protestors all get tarred with the “loony” brush it’s really not a good thing, because nobody will take your message seriously.

It’s exactly why Extinction Rebellion have stopped doing it: https://amp.dw.com/en/uk-extinction-rebellion-to-halt-disruptive-protests/a-64257727
No, they haven’t.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This lot are the dogs bollocks of protesting, never know when or where they are gonna pop up next, and when you think they’ve gone they’re BACK. Where next? Everton again I hope, gods of chaos for sure.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Possibly, but you didn’t suggest that did you.
I didn't have to suggest it - It actually happened. As did some poor soul who died in the back of an ambulance from heart failure, stuck in a vast tailback on the M25 on the way to hospital, as a direct result of some No To Oil hand-gluers bringing it all to gridlock.

Price worth paying ? Mmmkay.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, not so far. And the marches on the seafront were planned and granted in accordance with permission from the council, not ad-hoc actions like these goons who turn up at the drop of a hat and start hanging off gantries over the QE2 Bridge or the M25.

If they get in my way on Sunday and hold up my progress to Wembley, then regardless of their cause, I shall not be held responsible for my actions.
I have already pointed out that motorway disruptions were advertised the night before so people could avoid them. It’s on their Twitter page.

I’ve now posted the ExtinctionRebellion protest in London this weekend so you now have notice of that.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No, they haven’t.

They have said they are ceasing public disruption given that ovee 5 years, it hasn’t worked. They have not gained public support and were no nearer reaching any of their goals.

They will now try new tactics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone actually do that, or was it our friendly tabloid press finding someone who,did?
I did read one story about a man supposedly missing his father’s funeral, but everyone said the protest was advertised the day before.
That was the one where the police even arrested the journalists and film crew covering the protest. They knew enough details to be present.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They have said they are ceasing public disruption given that ovee 5 years, it hasn’t worked. They have not gained public support and were no nearer reaching any of their goals.

They will now try new tactics.
It’s going to be pretty disruptive for the London Marathon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't have to suggest it - It actually happened. As did some poor soul who died in the back of an ambulance from heart failure, stuck in a vast tailback on the M25 on the way to hospital, as a direct result of some No To Oil hand-gluers bringing it all to gridlock.

You said “Sure, but BHA fans weren't gluing themselves to roads, molesting horses, abusing dwarves or going out of their way to generally bollocks up the lives of the general public in order to make a point.” I said they did (except for horses) and provided examples. If you want a different discussion about ambulances fine, but this wasn’t your original point.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This lot are the dogs bollocks of protesting, never know when or where they are gonna pop up next, and when you think they’ve gone they’re BACK. Where next? Everton again I hope, gods of chaos for sure.

They have taken it to almost an art form, which is better than throwing paint over real art in galleries which I find very very strange.

Before anyone thinks this is some form of left wing thing, I'm not sure throwing paint over art or wasting turmeric all over the table of a traditionally working class sport goes down well with Guardian readers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here