Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper going back to PSV **Confirmed 23/06**

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dutch sites suggesting there was no fee involved just bonuses. Obviously can't be confirmed but I'm guessing it would make sense given the huge wage savings for someone who wasn't likely to feature.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good for everyone concerned. We've freed up his wages, his career moves on in a positive way. Definitely a good buy for us, essential for keeping us up in the Hughton years.

Time to move on; thanks and good will go with him, young guns need places to flourish and bloom.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
7 figure fee was reported previously. It will surely be undisclosed. Don’t believe everything you read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A quality player, classy.

Good luck back at PSV Davy.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Good player, but right decision all round. Now, by any chance do PSV also need a Brazilian left back, an Irish Centre Back, an Iranian winger, a South African striker, an Aussie midget, a Romanian nutcase or a Dutch DJ?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Thanks for everything Davy. An absolutely integral part of our first few seasons in the Premier League.

Stephens and Propper will a midfield duo who will stick in my mind for many years .

I will never forget their display against Arsenal in the 2017-2018 season. One of the most complete midfield performances I have seen from an Albion pairing, and Match of the Day gave them great reviews too. As Stephens was edged out by Bissouma's development, I suppose similar has happened to Propper with Lallana's arrival and lately Moder too. Of course, injury has also curbed his opportunities, and wasn't he ill too?

Mind you, I found it odd that having signed him, Hughton didn't play him in his natural position, or at least in his position for the Dutch team (I don't know what position he played for PSV - I didn't follow their league). I suppose, though, that it showed that we were not that well served for midfielders at the time, and we had Gross to play in the more advanced position.

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
PSV are looking very good this year and Davy is a bit of a legend there. Good luck for tomorrow night!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More shots on goal then he managed in his entire tenure with us. Further proof the Dutch league is a bit shit [emoji23]

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Good for Davy. Always liked the bloke. Was the right time to move on for all involved and wish him nothing but success back home.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fairly good for us, but should standout in that league as it really isn’t that great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here