Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper going back to PSV **Confirmed 23/06**

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
cant agree, all those players contributed with winning points , .last dich tackles , assists , goals , saves

Still not sure what Proper did other than an amazing outside of the foot pass every 4th game.

Didn't have any bite , wasnt rapid , couldnt shoot , barely assisted , barely scored.

He was in there and we survived but he was a hindrance most the time for me

:lolol:

How to say 'I know nothing about football' without saying 'I know nothing about football'.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I’m with you. I don’t get the Propper love in at all.

£6m, 19 Dutch international caps, 121 appearances for the Albion. Had a professionalism, commitment and work ethic that fitted right in with the team and club. Did exactly what was asked of him. Yeah, a real hindrance. :mad:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
£6m, 19 Dutch international caps, 121 appearances for the Albion. Had a professionalism, commitment and work ethic that fitted right in with the team and club. Did exactly what was asked of him. Yeah, a real hindrance. :mad:

Propper was £12m when we signed him wasn't he?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm sure it was an 8-figure fee, somewhere between 10 and 12. Whatever it was, he's been a bargain and if we can recoup even half of the outlay, we've done a really good deal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
BBC reported it as £6m, The Guardian £10m, TransferMarket lists it as £11.7m - so the truth maybe in there somewhere...:)

The Albion themselves reported it was a new transfer record (which had been set a few weeks before with the 5.2million capture of Maty Ryan).

On the day of the signing the Argus reported that they "understood" it was the first eight-figure sum in Albion's history.

Andy Naylor tweeted that the fee was "around £10 million".

(Albion then paid £13.5 million for Izquierdo three days later).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dutch media says Brighton paid €13m for him and they are probably right as Dutch clubs are not particularly secret with their dealings.

Anyway, its a reasonable fee for anyone who went on to play 100+ games in the PL.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dutch media says Brighton paid €13m for him and they are probably right as Dutch clubs are not particularly secret with their dealings.

Anyway, its a reasonable fee for anyone who went on to play 100+ games in the PL.

Which would be around £10M, or just over, I guess. Has proved to be a good investment. Probably won't quite recoup our £10M quid as half the teams in Europe are skint following Covid, plus he's four years older.
Very important part of us staying up, particularly in the Hughton years - let's hope the move comes off; he's better than bench-warming at Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which would be around £10M, or just over, I guess. Has proved to be a good investment. Probably won't quite recoup our £10M quid as half the teams in Europe are skint following Covid, plus he's four years older.
Very important part of us staying up, particularly in the Hughton years - let's hope the move comes off; he's better than bench-warming at Brighton.

[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] knows his footballing onions.

€13m was, at 0.9228 at the time of the transfer, a £12m transfer fee.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He never really adjusted to the Prem. He will shine back home, I am sure. Clearly has the quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some people have been a bit harsh. Whilst Davy hasn't set the world alight he has produced solid performances on a regular basis, particularly under CH. He was a step up in quality from our Championship midfield and I can't help feeling we'd have got more out of him if we'd played him a bit further forward as the Dutch National team did.

Good luck to him and thanks for the solid service.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good luck Davy. One of our finest and probably the nicest guy in football

Hear!Hear!

Always plenty of tosh to pick through on NSC but DP is a lovely footballer and by all accounts an even better bloke.

He will move on with my thanks and very best wishes for the future.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
If it's true that the fee is as low as 5 million euros then I think they've had our pants down there. He's a much better player than that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If it's true that the fee is as low as 5 million euros then I think they've had our pants down there. He's a much better player than that.
Swings and roundabouts, Veltman is worth much more than 900k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here