Project PLR: We must be ready says Paul Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The club might be PLR but someone needs to tell the club you can't pick and choose which season you want to go up. We was PLR last season on the pitch, if not off it. We may not get another chance like that for a while, deffo not this year unless we sign a striker now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Based on the fact that there are no more than a handful of employees at the club who worked for them whilst at Withdean.

there's that "fact" word with nothing to support it again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If this is supposed to be a feel good story, it's just failed spectacularly with me. Not feeling at all good about the club or its short term prospects at the moment.

Focus on the long term prospects then, which are exceptionally good.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's only one area where we need to be 'Premier League Ready' - at isn't in the Ticket Office.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Focus on the long term prospects then, which are exceptionally good.

Believe me, I'm trying to do so but the club are not making it easy with the lack of investment in the squad that we have seen so far this season.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yeah, because getting one in before the international break would be a great use of money and contract time wouldn't it?

hmm.gif
What about training with his new team mates then.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I honestly like the way the club is actively trying to build and develop. First the ground, then the training ground the hotel etc. however PLR seems a little premature as we are dropping like a stone and currently 15th in the table. Even with 35 games to go I just can't see us being able to use all this clever business jargon and preparation for a good few years yet.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He talks the talk,but he`s not walking the walk.We have one striker that is capable of scoring on a regular basis in this division and apparently we do not have the financies to resolve that situation,that being the case the club need to stop bullshitting and raising fans expectations.Tony could have got the club promoted last season or the season before as Cortese did for Stains but he chose not to ,BHA are a 2nd / 3rd division club why can`t every one just accept that.

You do talk a load of old tosh.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
preparation for when we get to the premiership
we have not got a replacement forward yet

Oh dear, oh dear, oh sadly missing the point dear.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Believe me, I'm trying to do so but the club are not making it easy with the lack of investment in the squad that we have seen so far this season.

We have invested in the squad but it doesn't seem to be the right players. Obviously once the injured players are back, then maybe we can see where the tactics are going, but in the meantime, we seem to be struggling.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
what history is this based on?

Frankly I think it's based on the history of not knowing what he's talking about ! Amongst with the other whingers on here with the incessant drivel about buying a forward...any forward, just waste some cash on anyone. Tony Bloom is smarter than most of us, even me :) he'll come up with the goods when there's someone worth their place. What's the point of being like Hollowhead at Selhurst throwing money at anyone...then not playing them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Why do we have to go up THIS season? What's the rush? We'll get there when we get there. And we will.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, our first game in the top flight is home to Arsenal?

History repeating...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's encouraging that we're being led by business people with a long term strategy rather than someone who thinks it's a Fantasy Football world. Just look down the A27 to Fratton Park to see what happens if you don't put in the infrastructure and plan accordingly for the Premier League.

3B is the way forward. (Bloom,Barber,Burke)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We have invested in the squad but it doesn't seem to be the right players. Obviously once the injured players are back, then maybe we can see where the tactics are going, but in the meantime, we seem to be struggling.

We're struggling because we are missing our best three players. Which players are the wrong ones?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports