Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Professional footballers from Sussex that never played for the Albion.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Two of my contemporaries, Tennis Umpire Gerry Armstrong was on the books at Fulham as a goalkeeper. Graham Thomas one of the fastest wingers I ever played against for the school sadly went one to sign for...................... Crystal Palace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Grant also played for super Crawley Town.
I can add
Richard Thompson-Wycombe
Scott Mean-Bournemouth,Port Vale,West Ham.
Simon Wormull-Rushden,Brentford,Spurs.

The thread said NEVER played for Brighton & Hove Albion so that excludes Simon Wormull, I think as I am sure I have seen him play for us but then again I may be wrong.

D

Deleted User X18H

Fixed your post.

Andy Frampton was born in Wimbledon, but schooled in Sussex (Lancing College). Signed for Palace and has buzzed about the southern teams ever since.

Not well enough old boy it was 2009.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
He was Lewes born, but he wouldn't fit in the criterion of this thread seeing as he played for Brighton:

http://thegoldstonewrap.com/2013/08/27/eddie-spearritt-v-stan-brown-before-they-became-team-mates/

Sounds like a lovely chap, judging from what he said about following the fortunes of Brighton even before he played for them!

HA! I totally forgot about that rather important bit of criteria, doing nothing but eating and drinking for 2 days has clearly fried my brain!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For quite a large county........ Not a lot then!

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
The thread said NEVER played for Brighton & Hove Albion so that excludes Simon Wormull, I think as I am sure I have seen him play for us but then again I may be wrong.

Ok then,will stick with Thompson and Mean.
At least I added something to the thread.
I thought Wormull may have appeared in a friendly or two but,as above poster suggests,could well be wrong!!One for the historians.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We had two goalkeepers at Boundstone that played professionally, one a regular for Rotherham and another one played a few games for Aldershot. I can't remember their names off hand. Maybe, somebody else can?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Si never actually played for us, he was injured during his months contract that Horton gave him.
I vaguely remember him playing at schoolboy level before joining Tottenham.
I think he only made a handful of appearances in the league, the vast majority of his career was non league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here