Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Problems with PAYPAL

barney

Jul 31, 2006
You enjoyed blocking the road to get out of the drive and making us miss the lights. Son Of A Gun!

didnt block the road if anything. my sister stopped you as she was waiting to pull in :) where were you EVEN GOING

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I'd just stick to your guns then mate. If the positive feedback was addressed to you personally and the dates tie in, then I'd turn the whole thing back on your buyer and basically tell them to go f*** themselves. They can't have it both ways. It's criminal behaviour.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Thats what makes the whole thing so ludicrous. I wont be paying them back even though paypal arn't backing down over it. Their debt collectors can only call you up. They have no power to add interest or send round bailiffs. They just threaten and harass you. Good job I can speak french that will piss them off.

'bonjour, oui oui va te fair enculer'

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thats what makes the whole thing so ludicrous. I wont be paying them back even though paypal arn't backing down over it. Their debt collectors can only call you up. They have no power to add interest or send round bailiffs. They just threaten and harass you. Good job I can speak french that will piss them off.

'bonjour, oui oui va te fair enculer'

When they reply with Eh? just reply with 'Va te faire foutre, putain d'espèce d'enculé!' :lol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dont get me started on Pay pal,basically the fact they say you ARE protected is a load of shite.I have had 2 examples -one as a seller and one as a buyer when it was so obvious i was in the right ( the 2 other people involved had just had a load of negative strikes for fleecing others) and i lost both times.
It is a good method of paying but if something goes wrong be prepared to kiss your money good bye.

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
Alternatively, I've just had a situation where I bought something on ebay through paypal, it wasn't received, I complained to ebay and paypal, and the latter, despite agreeing that the seller (who had refused to respond) was in the wrong, I did not receive a refund. That looks like they are biased towards sellers.

I would suggest that they are just shit, rather than biased.

I've closed my account, and told them why. 'Safe and secure' they claim. Bollocks, I say.

I had this earlier this year. Just got my money back through small claims court on line.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
my simple rules for ebay have served me well:

less than £10 i always get Proof of Postage.
over £10 i insist on Recorded Delivery only
over £30 i insist on Special Delivery only.
no exceptions, never had a problem. it is after all up to the seller to prove item was sent, can't complain about that.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think the secret here is to send things 'signed for'. That way there can be no dispute. Just add it in the cost of P&P.:thumbsup:

Oh, and keep the paperwork.

This is a good idea in theory but on more than one occasion I have either received or sent a letter that needed a signature and didn't get one. My postman leaves mail that is too large for the letter box in my front garden. Helpful, as long as nobody else walking by fancies it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I bought something for £150 from an online shop and paid through Paypal, the shop stiffed me and I didn't receive the goods nor any explanation, there was no response to any emails and the phone had been disconnected. So I raised a dispute through Paypal and after a couple of weeks I received a full refund minus about £5 for their cut. That annoyed me but it was no big deal. So this has been my only experience of raising a dispute through Paypal and it worked out in my favour.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the first two posts demonstrate perfectly how varied paypal is. both sides are open to scams and it seems paypal reacts randomly as to how they will deal with disputes. other than that, in the mean time they sit on your cash gaining interest. desperatly needs some form of regulation and also ebay-paypal monolpoly should be broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here