Problems with PAYPAL

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Anyone had any problems with these crooks? Im a seller on ebay and an item I sold last month was received by the buyer. A month later the buyer reported a chargeback to her credit card company and paypal deducted the money from my paypal account (£100). Luckily I had removed the money from my account already so im in negative figures. Its up to me to prove my innocence and not up to the buyer to prove my guilt. If I cant prove she did receive it (i didnt send it recorded stupidly) paypal will reimburse her and no doubt send my details to debt collectors.

Unbelievable system thats so biased towards the buyer. Anyone else had similar problems.

Paypal :tosser:

Alternatively, I've just had a situation where I bought something on ebay through paypal, it wasn't received, I complained to ebay and paypal, and the latter, despite agreeing that the seller (who had refused to respond) was in the wrong, I did not receive a refund. That looks like they are biased towards sellers.

I would suggest that they are just shit, rather than biased.

I've closed my account, and told them why. 'Safe and secure' they claim. Bollocks, I say.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Fair enough. If you had gone to your card issuer and requested a chargeback, I think the buyer would have been screwed. Well done for closing your account looks like I might have to. Only that to sell on ebay it has become compulsory to have paypal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair enough. If you had gone to your card issuer and requested a chargeback, I think the buyer would have been screwed. Well done for closing your account looks like I might have to. Only that to sell on ebay it has become compulsory to have paypal.

How do you KNOW your buyer received the item? Did you get a mail or electronic confirmation of some kind? If so, then should be fairly easy to prove that you are in the right.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
yep...they're tossers.

i sold a phone to someone in leeds 2 years ago for £330
he paid thru paypal and i withdrew the cash a couple of days later to my bank account.

the guy from leeds then claimed he never recieved the phone and claimed against me.
i'd chucked the recorded delivery receipt away thinking the transaction was done as this happened a few weeks later.

i then got emails and phonecalls from paypal saying i owed them the £330 and tried to persue me for it.

keep getting calls every now and then and i just keep saying to take me to court for it then.

nothing else happens.

paypal are tossers!!!!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I lost out too over a sale. Sent the items etc after money had cleared etc. Then days later they took the money back and all of a sudden nothing you can do.......

Total pisser

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I have never had any probs with Ebay or paypal. But then again I have long since stopped using it as my ENTIRE collection of shirts have ended up in Superphil and Bret Mendoza's wardrobe to fund my trips back to England to watch the Albion :down:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
How do you KNOW your buyer received the item? Did you get a mail or electronic confirmation of some kind? If so, then should be fairly easy to prove that you are in the right.

I know they did because she left me positive feedback. But they are still pursueing me for it regardless.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Similar happened to me, I sent item, they claimed hadn't received and I showed them proof of postage and they still kept on at me so I ended up giving a refund because of the hassle it was causing and didn't want negative feedback. Shouldn't have given in

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
My 'customer' lives in Sunderland and I have her address. Seeing as I'll be living in Durham next year I may go and pay her a little visit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think the secret here is to send things 'signed for'. That way there can be no dispute. Just add it in the cost of P&P.:thumbsup:

Oh, and keep the paperwork.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
joke is on ebay, i have owed them seven quid for months but as the card on my paypal account is no longer valid, they cannot take the money :cool:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know they did because she left me positive feedback. But they are still pursueing me for it regardless.

I'd just stick to your guns then mate. If the positive feedback was addressed to you personally and the dates tie in, then I'd turn the whole thing back on your buyer and basically tell them to go f*** themselves. They can't have it both ways. It's criminal behaviour.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports