Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably the best team in this league

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've been to nearly all of the home games and I've watched all of the televised championship games and I have not yet seen a side that I honestly think are better that the Albion. I've seen sides that have individual players that have really shone and I've seen sides that are not as good as us play a game that either turns us over or nicks something. But I have not, so far, seen a side that I would swap for our squad with all our faults, warts, Barnes and all.

Possibly one of the better sides, but the inability to finish sides off with some of the multitudes of clear cut chances means we are not the best team just yet IMO

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've been to nearly all of the home games and I've watched all of the televised championship games and I have not yet seen a side that I honestly think are better that the Albion. I've seen sides that have individual players that have really shone and I've seen sides that are not as good as us play a game that either turns us over or nicks something. But I have not, so far, seen a side that I would swap for our squad with all our faults, warts, Barnes and all.

I agree. It's telling that we haven't lost a game by more than a single goal. Despite our inability to convert domination and possession into goals, I think we still have a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we were the best team in the league we would be 1st not 8th. The best team in the league does not keep throwing away points like we do. You can play someone off the park for 89 minutes, but if you only score 1 goal and conceed 1 with the other teams only shot on goal, i'm sorry but that does not make you a great team. It's means that something is wrong somewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So are you claiming that every poster on NSC who has an opinion doesnt know what their talking about???
Those that think Barnes should never get in our side, yes.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Funnily enough my son and I were saying the same on the way home. Must be the best footballing side in the league but lacking the clinical finisher. Good good times indeed

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we were the best team in the league we would be 1st not 8th. The best team in the league does not keep throwing away points like we do. You can play someone off the park for 89 minutes, but if you only score 1 goal and conceed 1 with the other teams only shot on goal, i'm sorry but that does not make you a great team. It's means that something is wrong somewhere.
Another one for my scrapbook. That's twice I've agreed with you in a week.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So that means that you are correct and everyone who wouldnt play Barnes is wrong?
Either those that would never play Barnes are wrong, or Gus knows nothing about football. I guess you think it's the latter.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Gus seemed more than a bit pissed at some of the twitter comments thrown at him.He has built a FOOTBALLING team 2nd to know other in this league.I for one respect his judgement and long may he continue to be the manager at this club.
Fantastic football,highest supported club,not quite winning enough matches but boy is the ride good.You bet.
If it's hoof ball you want try Crawley,they will keep you happy.In Gus we trust.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Either those that would never play Barnes are wrong, or Gus knows nothing about football. I guess you think it's the latter.

Dont try and guess what im thinking.......i dont even know half the time.......lol

I think there are some very knowledgable people on NSC so i think your stance is flawed somewhat.. And yes, of course i think Gus knows his football but that doesnt mean that all his decisions are the correct ones.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Said the same thing to my brother after the game. We are by far the best team I've seen so far this year. If we manage to stay thereabouts until February I could see us putting a run together and just maybe....

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

Your theory would be bullet-proof if it weren't for the fact that there is currently no team in this league (the scum lost today) that meets your description of a superior team to the letter. I honestly think that we are nearest and, as others have said, with the addition of a proven clinical finisher we will show it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here