Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably the best team in this league

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I've been to nearly all of the home games and I've watched all of the televised championship games and I have not yet seen a side that I honestly think are better that the Albion. I've seen sides that have individual players that have really shone and I've seen sides that are not as good as us play a game that either turns us over or nicks something. But I have not, so far, seen a side that I would swap for our squad with all our faults, warts, Barnes and all.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
If only we could the ball in the f***ing net, we would be 6 points clear at the top. As had been said plenty of times, at this level you've got to take your chances!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've been to nearly all of the home games and I've watched all of the televised championship games and I have not yet seen a side that I honestly think are better that the Albion. I've seen sides that have individual players that have really shone and I've seen sides that are not as good as us play a game that either turns us over or nicks something. But I have not, so far, seen a side that I would swap for our squad with all our faults, warts, Barnes and all.

Right now Cardiff have a better team. But I share your opinion. The other teams have ageing players that will not be good enough for the Premier (even with four new players).

The problem is unless we get promoted we will be unable to keep our best players.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Agree, as much as it was devastating to draw the game, we were magnificent to watch. What a buy Orlandi is turning out to be.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

We need to splash out for a quality striker in January and we'll finish in the top 6 no doubt.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I generally agree, I think we are possibly the best team but we do need a top striker to complete us. Put Ricky Lambert in our side and we would destroy most teams.

The only other team I have seen this season who impressed me were Blackpool who battered us in fairness.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Away from home, Blackpool were far better than us, and should have won. I didn't see us against Leicester.
At home, I think Cardiff were slightly better on the day, but apart from that we've been the better team in every home game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Away from home, Blackpool were far better than us, and should have won. I didn't see us against Leicester.
At home, I think Cardiff were slightly better on the day, but apart from that we've been the better team in every home game.

agreed..but then i'm deluded

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

I didn't see Blackpool away but I was at the Cardiff game and I thought we totally bossed the second half.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
OK. I've calmed down after the disappointment of another lead squandered at the death. Time to think those positive thoughts. Sooner or later this patchy form must turn and those missed chances will start turning into goals. Keeping absolutely everything crossed that this happens next Saturday and we give those Croydon types a footballing master class.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't see Blackpool away but I was at the Cardiff game and I thought we totally bossed the second half.
I don't remember the game in detail now, but I remember thinking they edged it. Whereas a few months earlier, I thought we were easily the better side, and it was just that dick whittingham that got them a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here