Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Price Increases

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ah, do you prefer the French Mustard with the bits in ?
Not sure I've come across that sir. I like a wholegrain mustard (in a sausage sandwich), but french mustard with bits in doesn't sound overly appetising to me. Like someone who spreads marmite on toast in an overly rough and slapdash manner, leaving remnants of breadcrumbs in the jar.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Asda and Tesco availabilities are very unpredictable since the invasion.

Coupled with birdflu, post-covid whatevers, and probably Brexit issues (although nobody is going to admit to Brexit being anything than the new Golden Age).

The cheapest own-brand ranges are especially hit and miss, although there always seems to be plenty of the premium brands which I won't pay for unless absolutely necessary as their prices are ridiculously high.
Just done my weekly shop at the local Morrisons. There were no multipacks of peppers so I bagged up 3 individual ones and thought nothing of it. Got to the till and was told they are being rationed to two per customer due to shortages. Apparently it's the same with Tomatoes and Eggs.

Price of cheese seems to have gone through the roof, pint of milk is nearly a quid. Do we also have dairy cow shortages as well?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Just done my weekly shop at the local Morrisons. There were no multipacks of peppers so I bagged up 3 individual ones and thought nothing of it. Got to the till and was told they are being rationed to two per customer due to shortages.
That rationale might explain why the 3-pack of peppers we ordered from [Tesco] arrived as a 2-pack last night...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That rationale might explain why the 3-pack of peppers we ordered from [Tesco] arrived as a 2-pack last night...
Right on cue this story popped up on my mobile

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right on cue this story popped up on my mobile

I met up with some friends at the Marina this morning for coffee, and popped into Asda afterwards for a lettuce. The shelves were almost bare, and a notices up saying 3 per customer only. I bought a miniscule iceberg lettuce for 60p.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Has anyone else noticed the chronic LACK of french mustard these days ? Its my go-to condiment whenever I have steak, but I haven't seen it anywhere in months. I was in a pub a few weeks ago with a mate and his doris when I brought this up. She didn't believe me. There happened to be a Co-Op right next door, so I told her "if you go in there and come back with a jar of french mustard, then I will give you a tenner for it" (and I wasn't joking). She took up the challenge, but came back crestfallen and empty handed.

Probably something to do with grain supplies from the Ukraine. f***ing Putin.
It was oil from the Ukraine I think. Been a shortage for a while,even when in France

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wouldn't it be good if we did it though? :thumbsup:

All my coffins, with the exception of the American caskets favoured by the Italian and Romany communities, are produced in this country.
No it wouldn't. I like Peppers, Olives, Capers, Coffee, Avocados, Bananas, Oranges, Spices, Figs, Lemons, Red Wine, Aubergines, etc and really don't want to go back decades. Sorry :down:

Last edited:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Virgin emailed me today to say that my Broadband is going up by nearly 30%. Not acceptable at all surely.

Did the whole cancellation thing and actually went through with it this time. Will see what happens, expecting a call from their renentions teams within a couple of weeks...

... but fully prepared to move on to their competitors this time.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Got a new phone and new contract 2 weeks ago, just had a text saying airtime contract is going up 13.4% from April
Wow! Can they do that that quick :eek:

I received my email from O2 yesterday - going up by RPI (13.4%) PLUS 3.9%!! So a total of 17.3%!

Fortunately, my 24 month contract is up in May so I'll look to see what's available at that time - ideally still with O2 as they will be just about the only big provider still not charging for EU Roaming.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Virgin emailed me today to say that my Broadband is going up by nearly 30%. Not acceptable at all surely.

Did the whole cancellation thing and actually went through with it this time. Will see what happens, expecting a call from their renentions teams within a couple of weeks...

... but fully prepared to move on to their competitors this time.

I go through the "I'm going to leave' every time I get to within a month of my contract ending. I always have a good read of this thread first to try and get an idea of what people are getting and therefore what I want to achieve.

I did this again end of last year. Initially got through to an overseas person who was absolutely hopeless and we ended up going around in circles for ages ever a package costing £120 - which I said I wasn't prepared to pay (I've got phone, broadband, movies, Sky Sports and BT Sport). Told her I wanted to leave and would she put me straight through to retentions. Got the UK call centre and within 5 minutes or so got the same as I'd been on PLUS upgrade to 1 Gig broadband (new router with me in a few days) and also Netflix thrown in - for £80!

I'm not sure what sort of deals are available if you are broadband only ... but hopefully you can sort a much better deal when speaking with retentions.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
BT with their annual RPI +3.9% - That these contractual stipulations are allowed is an absolute disgrace.

Of course, it's the nurses, the train drives and the Amazon warehouse workers that are driving up inflation with their ridiculous wage claims.....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why would anyone want a salad in February.

Fresh tomatoes from supermarkets are completely tasteless anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just done my weekly shop at the local Morrisons. There were no multipacks of peppers so I bagged up 3 individual ones and thought nothing of it. Got to the till and was told they are being rationed to two per customer due to shortages. Apparently it's the same with Tomatoes and Eggs.

Price of cheese seems to have gone through the roof, pint of milk is nearly a quid. Do we also have dairy cow shortages as yfarmers
Dairy farmers have been slowly quiting for years, they have barely made any money so I think there is less to go round. Our supermarkets have crushed farm gate prices in order to ramp up their margins. Lots of despair amongst British farmers now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here