Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Park train station reduced level or service from 2018

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If the network weren't at full capacity, sure. But I can believe that with all the interdependencies in the timings of other trains, perhaps a -3 minute change somewhere could have knock-on effects with other commuter lines, and overall represent a more efficient use of the resources.

Too many trains! I'm actually WFH today so I can't be chucked off a train because of points failure, door failure or signal failure. Points failure I can almost accept as the train couldn't physically go down the route it was planned, but the other two were just so that the train could arrive at its final destination on time. Yesterday morning we were thrown off at Gatwick and had to catch a train that stopped at every single ****ing station from Gatwick to East Croydon.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Too many trains! I'm actually WFH today so I can't be chucked off a train because of points failure, door failure or signal failure. Points failure I can almost accept as the train couldn't physically go down the route it was planned, but the other two were just so that the train could arrive at its final destination on time. Yesterday morning we were thrown off at Gatwick and had to catch a train that stopped at every single ****ing station from Gatwick to East Croydon.

Trains on the line are always late because it is at full capacity so one tiny delay somewhere on the network leads to a cascade of delays as all subsequent trains get held up.

I think it's not unrealistic to think that a timetable change (to fast and slow trains) might be aimed at helping that?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Trains on the line are always late because it is at full capacity so one tiny delay somewhere on the network leads to a cascade of delays as all subsequent trains get held up.

I think it's not unrealistic to think that a timetable change (to fast and slow trains) might be aimed at helping that?
I don't disagree, but sadly the rail network is by its very nature is a bit of a Heath Robinson affair and timetable changes (which have always been made) won't make a blind bit of difference to its overall drawback - when there's a problem it stops.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't disagree, but sadly the rail network is by its very nature is a bit of a Heath Robinson affair and timetable changes (which have always been made) won't make a blind bit of difference to its overall drawback - when there's a problem it stops.

I agree 100%.

Timetable changes are just the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic. Get to the route cause of the problem - underinvestment, and what can only be seen as inept management and leadership at the highest levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here