Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Park train station reduced level or service from 2018

D

Deleted User X18H

GTR who already run the Thameslink train services and will run Southern services from July 2015, are preparing for a brand new timetable that will run from 2018,

The changes include the loss of some services to and from Preston Park.

I see these is a petition trying to stop them doing it.

Am i the only one who welcomes this move to reduce the level or service to PP.

It s always a ball ache having the train stops and this station with very few at at most times no one getting on or off and just seems to be an interruption to the London to Bright journey.

Does anyone on here use PP station.

Yes nearly everyday .

D

Deleted User X18H

That one is from Littlehampton.

Still goes to London though .

It's better when they run rail replacements. There are 4 buses an hour to Brighton today instead of the usual one train . Still quicker to walk to town though!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lovely to see you yesterday. I imagine as there 3 Brighton and 3 London trains an hour one of which is operated via Southern goes to Victoria and another which goes to Littlehampton via Hove , that the Vic - Littlehampton service will be axed reducing the service to two trains and hour each way and one on a Sunday.

Nice to see you, dear chap.

If the reduce the Victoria - Littlehampton service it also means the same to Ore as the trains split off-peak at Haywards Heath so highly unlikely.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
GTR who already run the Thameslink train services and will run Southern services from July 2015, are preparing for a brand new timetable that will run from 2018,

It s always a ball ache having the train stops and this station with very few at at most times no one getting on or off and just seems to be an interruption to the London to Bright journey.

I suggest the OP reads through what he has written before posting. The number of typos is embarrassing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I'm assuming you were in a fearful rush when you constructed this post.

How much time does the Preston Park stop add to your journey?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm assuming you were in a fearful rush when you constructed this post.

How much time does the Preston Park stop add to your journey?

At a guess i would say 1 minute slowing down time, 2 minutes stopped then 1 minute accelerating back up to speed so total 4 minutes each way so 8 minutes for each return journey.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
At a guess i would say 1 minute slowing down time, 2 minutes stopped then 1 minute accelerating back up to speed so total 4 minutes each way so 8 minutes for each return journey.

Half that.

And how would you better spend that time you saved? Additional voluntary work? Little longer on the sofa? Increased contribution to world peace? Bit more time in bed?

Is that minuscule amount of time real worth getting worked up about?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And how would you better spend that time you saved? Additional voluntary work? Little longer on the sofa? Increased contribution to world peace? Bit more time in bed?

Quite. Especially as the train will lose another 20 unscheduled minutes on the crawl up to London anyway.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

It'll knock two minutes off the half an hour that it'll take me to walk into Brighton. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here