Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Preston North End vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] stood out as resilient and argued against the tide of the Board (including some mods) dismissing Jahanbakhsh as a non-footballer.

In fairness, it turns out [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] was equally gutsy.

As was I. And also argued against mods.

It’s not like there’s not proof of this. It’s quite easy to back up.

Wtf is this. Someone claiming he’s the only one on NSC to back AJ. Hilarious.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He’s not for sale.

Respect to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] who I don’t think ever rode with the Jahanbakhsh lynching parties.

As neither did I, as neither don't you know :rolleyes: :wink:

Just me and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION].

We got on early, fought off all comers and are now seemingly being shouted down by posters who ALWAYS believed.
:lolol: :kiss: :lolol:

Bless'em.

All good fun and very happy for the chap.

TBH I'd still like to see a a few performances at the highest level.
But at least that conversation can be had sensibly (well as sensibly as it gets round these parts)

But as said for the moment very happy that it turns out Ali is actually a footballer.

As was I. And also argued against mods.

It’s not like there’s not proof of this. It’s quite easy to back up.

Wtf is this. Someone claiming he’s the only one on NSC to back AJ. Hilarious.

Please...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the meantime, I thought Steele had a good game. A strong save round the post, distribution good, and not afraid to come out for crosses.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Too soon for Roberts. Needs a loan playing grown up football. League 1 maybe - OK, he might shine and his dad might think he's 'too good for that level', but he's still only 18 and has got some bulking up to do. Not impossible at 18 to grow another inch or two either.

As far as Gross was concerned, I was obviously watching a different match. Good assist for Mac Argie's goal though.

A loan is pointless when he’s going to be out of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know we are used to being last on Match of the Day but how are we last on the Carabao Cup on Quest

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A loan is pointless when he’s going to be out of contract.

As with White - or any other loanee - we would sort that out first. :facepalm:

His dad would be very stupid (a known risk, I realise) to advise him otherwise. Hopefully this evening will have inculcated some sense into young Roberts' head, if not to his over ambitious dad. If he goes to Leeds, he won't feature in their first team - they're busy buying expensive foreigners to prop up their defence; he'll either fester in their very inferior U23s or be loaned out in a far less expert way than we would do it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Oh yeh because this is the team we will field against United.

Some of you need to get a grip. Its a pretty decent performance away from Home to a team who were pushing for playoffs last season. Portsmouth are shite compared to this lot.

Overall I would say its been a fairly good half for us. Saunders and Roberts doing well at this level are huge positives and Steele has done himself no harm to push for that 2nd choice spot. Veltman looks good and Bernardo has enough about him to step into Marches boots if needed Saturday.

Not read the whole thread through so probably already been pointed out, but surely the original poster you quoted was referring to the cup game in the next round against United and not the league game?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not read the whole thread through so probably already been pointed out, but surely the original poster you quoted was referring to the cup game in the next round against United and not the league game?

It was 0-0 at the time so unlikely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
7320C086-F5D6-4339-ACA1-F1AEC568BDF0.png

I wonder if sussexrob knows where the Cup Final money was hidden?
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here