Preston North End Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Preston are a decent side at home. Obviously would have liked to win but I am over it. Bring on Wednesday :lolol: who lost at home to Rotherham today.

Those of you who now think we have blown the autos on the back of this result, have a word with yourself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good point. I think we would have been more likely to turn it into 3 if Lua Lua had been on the bench.
Is he good at shouting tactics then?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
with games running out, maybe 1 point not enough for autos. but play offs will be great fun

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Couldn't care less. But Newcastle, Sunderland and Boro all in the Championship next season blows the north-east arrogance.

As much as I dislike Boro I think if you look at the league they appear to be clear in 2nd and game in hand over many! Would be surprised to see both Newcastle and Sunderland go down

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Take a look at the table.

If we win all our remaining homes and draw all aways, we'll have 87 points, which would be enough for 2nd (as in more points than the 3rd place team) in any of the last 12 seasons, and probably longer. Chuck in a couple of realistic away wins at places like MK, Charlton or Forrest, and we'd probably win the league.

Given Preston's recent form, particularly at home, it's a decent point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's irrelevant how others did as we need wins not draws...To go up you need to win away and we don't that often.

We have away games against Charlton and MK Dons coming up, they're away games you want to be looking to be winning, not away games against one of the form sides. Keep it tight and try to nick a goal, every point is key

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

D

Deleted member 2719

with games running out, maybe 1 point not enough for autos. but play offs will be great fun

Play offs will not be fun, we have been in the top for to long this season to play in the lottery. If we had slowly moved into a play off position i would agree.

Play offs this season will be hell IMO.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Two points dropped. We have to beat teams not bore them to death.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We have away games against Charlton and MK Dons coming up, they're away games you want to be looking to be winning, not away games against one of the form sides. Keep it tight and try to nick a goal, every point is key
Na...Rather we went all out for wins than a poyet style cautious approach.
If you want top two then you must go for it as boro and Burnley means another extra game more we need to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports