Preston North End Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yep. My fail. Its five. What do you think is the threshold this year ?
2nd about 90, 3rd about 88.

Obviously anything could happen, but it looks like the scores could be quite high.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Time to Ring some Changes

Touches in the opposing penalty area seem to be infrequent to non-existent for both sides. Boro fared just as badly in August at Deepdale 0-0.

In the past, underestimating the number of points required has been wrong (usually not enough). If you want to predict the points total needed for second place, do the Promotion Calculator, then treat the total as the minimum. I calculated 85 (or 86 for Brighton) as a minimum and third place (now 86 and a dog's chance if we win at Boro).

Substitutes were a bit late. I thought the course of the match was predictable and we could have come up with Plan B at 66 minutes.

Leciester don't rest on their laurels. They made changes at half-time. They took the in form Albrighton off. I would have switched the Albion team before KO. Keep the same team and the opposition can see you coming. I hope we ring the changes for Tuesday.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Touches in the opposing penalty area seem to be infrequent to non-existent for both sides. Boro fared just as badly in August at Deepdale 0-0.

In the past, underestimating the number of points required has been wrong (usually not enough). If you want to predict the points total needed for second place, do the Promotion Calculator, then treat the total as the minimum. I calculated 85 (or 86 for Brighton) as a minimum and third place (now 86 and a dog's chance if we win at Boro).

Substitutes were a bit late. I thought the course of the match was predictable and we could have come up with Plan B at 66 minutes.

Leciester don't rest on their laurels. They made changes at half-time. They took the in form Albrighton off. I would have switched the Albion team before KO. Keep the same team and the opposition can see you coming. I hope we ring the changes for Tuesday.
uploadfromtaptalk1457208716859.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Moribound beyond belief today, totally boring game

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Their stewards were a nice bunch and lunch at the UK's first ever KFC outlet were the highlights I'm taking from it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Their stewards were a nice bunch and lunch at the UK's first ever KFC outlet were the highlights I'm taking from it.

Really ?

A chat with the Chairman for me was the highlight

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Murphy looks onside to me for his disallowed goal:

View attachment 72853

I rewound it and paused it a few times. Completely impossible to be sure from that angle, but probably off. Just.

Shame, very close. feet onside shoulders offside.

So OFFSIDE then.

Benefit of doubt to the attacker. Wrong decision but understandably wrong.

Presumably, the Lino, with a far better angle, wasn't in doubt!!

Feb 14, 2010
Yes i was at Cardiff. but i was also at Wembley for the big one against County.

I have been damaged by the Albion.

So was I. Disgraceful performance in a weird kit. Brighton players have never been trusted to turn up when needed. Hereford aside but that was damage limitation instead of actually achieving something of note. Will this lot be different? We shall see but I'm not holding my breath. Draw was not a bad result but its not exactly taking the bull by the horns. I just hope that if they fail to get promoted, all those marvelling in a long unbeaten run with umpteen draws learn that points win prizes and winning makes points. It takes 3 draws to make 1 win, unbeaten runs are irrelevant unless you win. Promotion is success, failure to get promotion is, as Brucey used to say, " didnt they do well", now give them a cuddly toy and p1ss off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So apart from thanks for coming what did he say. Did he offer to refund forest ticket money.

If not its KFC all the way!!
I thought it was standard practice that ticket money is refunded if a fixture time is altered after a ticket has been bought ?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I don't see the point of NOT having KLL on the bench. If fit he is a game changer, throwing him on yesterday on 75 mins could have won us the game. Why would CH not want the option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports