Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Presidential Debate - Trump v Biden

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Embarrassed to be an American tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to feel embarrassed, not sure how your great country has ended up here but I really pity you for such a god awful choice of president.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Trump lost, but they both sound horrible. Damn, my country needs some new blood trying to run the nation. It takes someone like Trump to make Biden sound like the relative “good” one. This is like two arguing five year olds. Biden will win and it might be a landslide. That doesn’t mean Biden is great, just the lesser of two bad candidates.

Biden is incredibly uninspiring I agree. How come you are so sure he'll win it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It doesn't really. If you knew who he was you'd know he's called out Trump many a time over this Presidency.

Happy to admit that I don’t know who he is or his stance. I base my opinion solely on Fox’s reputation. Happy to be informed.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Damn - only 11/16

bs bingo.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No need to feel embarrassed, not sure how your great country has ended up here but I really pity you for such a god awful choice of president.

It's ended up that way because it's had politicians like Biden influencing everything for 40 years. And to make it non-partisan Mitch McConnell is no different for the other side.

Career politicians are why the US is in the shit.

If all politicians were restricted to two 4 year terms maybe these entrenched corrupt systems wouldn't be as strong and as powerful as they are now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Happy to admit that I don’t know who he is or his stance. I base my opinion solely on Fox’s reputation. Happy to be informed.

To be fair he did ask Trump some pretty tough questions but I think he still allowed the debate to degenerate into mudslinging, which of course helped Trump no end. It is where he is comfortable.

I think the debate would have been more credible if the host was from a more neutral organisation.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Wallace is considered a journo with integrity. Trump isn't a big fan of him at all.

MSNBC was recently cited as being the most biased media outlet of all the major outlets. Fox came in second.

In March, a Pew Research Center study -- yes, Pew -- found that 85 percent of MSNBC's programming is dedicated to "opinion," versus 15 percent that is dedicated to "news." Fox News dedicated just 55 percent of its programming to "opinion" and 45 percent to "news." (CNN dedicates 46 percent to "opinion" and 54 percent to "news.") During the 2012 election, the ratio of unfavorable to favorable treatment in stories on Barack Obama and Mitt Romney on MSNBC “was roughly 23-to-1; the negative-to-positive ratio on Fox News was 8-to-1.”

Very hard to get a moderators from any of the major outlets that are considered fair on both sides of the divide.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's ended up that way because it's had politicians like Biden influencing everything for 40 years. And to make it non-partisan Mitch McConnell is no different for the other side.

If all politicians were restricted to two 4 year terms maybe these entrenched corrupt systems wouldn't be as strong and as powerful as they are now.

Agreed

Surely Trump is (or was supposed to be) the antithesis of this?

Personally, I don't think he has improved anything in this regard. In fact, I would say he has made politics more grubby, more divisive, more untrustworthy and less well mannered.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I wouldn't call Trump a career politician. I'd say he is an ignorant and bigoted old man, worth about $750.

@%1;

He's not, that's why he's had issues with those linked to the industrial war complex.

His levels of deep state corruption are nothing like a 40 year politician in Biden. If he's corrupt he's more like a Mafia hustle than anything far more entangled in hidden politics, like a Bloomberg. Just by not pandering to the warmongers and suggesting pulling US troops out he's pissed people on both sides of politics who line their pockets with blood money.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
@%1;

He's not, that's why he's had issues with those linked to the industrial war complex.

His levels of deep state corruption are nothing like a 40 year politician in Biden. If he's corrupt he's more like a Mafia hustle than anything far more entangled in hidden politics, like a Bloomberg. Just by not pandering to the warmongers and suggesting pulling US troops out he's pissed people on both sides of politics who line their pockets with blood money.

Yes, I know he's not. Whoosh.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Biden is incredibly uninspiring I agree. How come you are so sure he'll win it?

In a previous life I worked behind the scenes in Georgia statewide politics - until I realized it was futile and I hated it all. Speaking to a few friends (including a current state senator and a unelected top 3 staffer to the current governor) Trump needed to win the independent and suburban mom’s vote tonight. Those voters are generally conservative and don’t like Trump. According to the people I chatted with during the debate they candidly say he didn’t do any of that, seemed angry and didn’t offer much constructive.

As is natural in politics, many former hard red states are now purple.a slight nudge puts those states to Biden and make it an easy victory. Trump pushed them that way tonight. He was very cunning against a lazy Hillary campaign and that won’t happen this time. Bloomberg bought up literally every second of Florida tv time and gifted it all to Biden so they can focus their resources elsewhere and Trump can’t do much there. It’s shaping up to be a bloodbath.

People will celebrate until they realize the guy they voted is also absolutely nobody to be excited about. I genuinely might become a hermit until after the election. This is all depressing me (and not because Trump lost).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
@%1;

Certainly a redeeming feature.

Out of interest, would you be voting for Trump or Biden in this election?

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South

47 years*. It’s unbelievable someone can hold that much power that long.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Agreed

Surely Trump is (or was supposed to be) the antithesis of this?

Personally, I don't think he has improved anything in this regard. In fact, I would say he has made politics more grubby, more divisive, more untrustworthy and less well mannered.

I'd say under this presidency a lot of organisations and systems people were supposed to be able to trust in have been exposed.

The distrust of all politicians in the US would have to be at an all time low now that the facade of being fair has been thrown off.

The fact so many people still can't bring themselves to vote for the Democrats despite Trump being on the other side shows how rotten to the core US politics is.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
I’ll also add I am a member of a pretty popular college football message board, and they tend to lean conservative. They’re pissed at how bad Trump did tonight. Which is saying something considering they’re Trump supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here