Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Preparing for the championship

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
With the run of recent results, and the run in we have, I am resigned to us playing in the championship next season, unless Houghton pulls some sort of rabbit out of the bag.

We dont have the quality or depth in squad to compete at this level. The fault lies at the managers door, and would not trust him to try to take us straight back up in a competitive division. He would have to go.

sage goes in all fields

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
With the run of recent results, and the run in we have, I am resigned to us playing in the championship next season, unless Houghton pulls some sort of rabbit out of the bag.

We dont have the quality or depth in squad to compete at this level. The fault lies at the managers door, and would not trust him to try to take us straight back up in a competitive division. He would have to go.

You prepare for the Championship with Palace* and we’ll focus on staying in this league

* surprising though as it looks like you are safe

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
We have enough in the locker to stay up this year but with an ageing Murray and Andone injured, we only had an improving Locadia up front when we needed a goal. Chris needs more options available if we are to have plan Bs, Cs and Ds.

One poor showing doesn't make up a poor side any more than good performance doesn't make us top 6.

some where in the middle.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
With the remaining games we are relying on the kindness of others, Warnock has the knack of getting out of seemingly impossible situations. For all our bluster and 21st century stadium etc we are very possibly going down , I don't blame the manager at all, the squad is borderline adequate.

How exactly are Cardiff going to over turn five points and a negative 19 goal difference? Have you even looked at their fixtures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I ask what the rabbits were doing in the bag in the first place?

It is against the law to carry rabbits in a bag. They should be housed properly like this

talking bollocks.jpg

And transported in a special carrier. This one is extra special.

20_Pet_Carrier.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My mum always said if you have nothing nice to say say nothing! so to ALL the we are going down f**k off and go for palace or a top 6 team one bad game not the end of the world.

thats been said elsewhere ....we have put in some pretty average performances to be fair.....yesterdays was ****ing woeful ....hows yer brother.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Christ. So you see no points for us against Bournemouth, Newcastle or Cardiff at the Amex. You see Cardiff overhauling a 5 point, 19 goal deficit when their run-in includes Chelsea tomorrow, visits to Man City and Man Utd, as well as hosting Liverpool. That "resigns" you to us going down ?? We're not 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, we're FIVE POINTS CLEAR of the dropzone. There's clearly still work to do, nobody is under any illusions. But your guff about pulling rabbits from bags (its hats btw), as if we're already in need of snookers to stay up, is utter bobbins.

The fact that we are still 5 points north of the shitstorm proves that we DO have the quality to compete at this level, just as we proved it a year ago. Have a quiet little cry in the corner over losing today if you really feel you need to, but at the same time - get a fvcking grip, and a spine, snowflake. We were shithouse today, it happens. It'll continue to happen, because we're a bang average PL team. But we'll PROBABLY be alright.

Sorry if thats not enough though.

Take a bow Easy 10. Storrington Seagull needs to look at my threads, to give himself some much needed confidence.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My mum always said if you have nothing nice to say say nothing! so to ALL the we are going down f**k off and go for palace or a top 6 team one bad game not the end of the world.

You didn't take much notice of your mother telling us to F*** Off! Also don't believe everything your mother tells you......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
State of this.

Is going down really the disaster it's portrayed as? Oh no, we have to go and watch us tear the place up and win more games. What a shame.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
To be fair, we have had about 20 poor showings this season, maybe more . . . . . we struggled to get past Derby and West Brom FFS. We really have been championship mid table this season, as have most of the bottom half of the PL table.

We have enough in the locker to stay up this year but with an ageing Murray and Andone injured, we only had an improving Locadia up front when we needed a goal. Chris needs more options available if we are to have plan Bs, Cs and Ds.

One poor showing doesn't make up a poor side any more than good performance doesn't make us top 6.

some where in the middle.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

I take it you're another JCL from the Amex era ! If you're not, you certainly come across as one .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We’ve been getting away with it this season. A few decent wins have masked some pretty poor performances - including some of the wins. That three game spell when we beat Wolves, West Ham and Newcastle is a good example - we were outplayed in all of them and lucky to get 9 points. We were Ok against Palace away, but crap in the vast majority of other games since Christmas. The disruption of injuries and Asia cup hasn’t helped - we don’t seem to have a clear first XI and our potentially better players haven’t had the time to properly embed or deliver this season either due to absence (Ali J, Jose, Pascal, Andone) or a lack of faith on Hughton’s part (Jurgen, Andone again), or over-reliance on fading stars (Murray).

All very frustrating. There’s a post or two on the facebook groups today suggesting CH has ‘lost the dressing room’. I don’t think this is the case for a minute but something isn’t quite clicking - I don’t think there is a single factor though.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We have a championship 'ready' squad with our championship standard signings -really surprised more on here arent highlighting our dreadful signings!?, if Burke was doing this there would have been absolute uproar, instead we are sleepwalking with a wimper back to the championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here