Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prepare to be seriously underwhelmed . . .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The evidence has been plain to see,ever since Barber strolled down village way,I'm glad Bournemouth and Watford like our setup off the pitch,I'm a big admirer of theirs on it.

No seriously. Where is the EVIDENCE that we are a laughing stock?

Promoted. Top 10, Play-offs, Play-offs, Poor season = laughing Stock. OK.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cowfold is more likely to be nearer the mark than not. Hate to say it but I am utterly convinced we will struggle to recruit and be relegated next season. We lack footballing nause as a club compared to so many it seems. For most of our history.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
As long as Brighton have 11 players on the pitch I will be there watching. I've seen Jason Jarrett play in midfield and I've seen Vicente In midfield within 5 years.

Nothing this club does makes sense. Fingers crossed and hope for the best

I can't believe you actually said that - he is the last person I'm hoping for!!!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We lack footballing nause as a club compared to so many it seems. For most of our history.

Attention: Off-topic. And mean-spirited. You've been warned.

Nous. It's 'nous', dammit. From ancient Greek νους, νοος, 'mind, wits, cleverness'.

Its appearance in every third footballing article or post, when there are a half-a-dozen ready-to-hand synonyms -- 'acumen'; 'savvy'; 'mother wit'; and that's just the colorful ones -- of equal precision and impeccable English ancestry, defeats me.
It's a grotesque affectation anywhere outside the TLS and THES.
I want to find the footballing journalist who released this monster upon an unsuspecting world and hit them, repeatedly, with a cleek. Or baffie. Or mashie-niblick. I'm not particular.

And I love Greek. I'm a teacher of classical languages. This stuff feeds my kids and pays my mortgage.

Might as well say 'footballing Klugheit' or 'footballing sagesse' and be damned.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Nous. It's 'nous', dammit. From ancient Greek νους, νοος, 'mind, wits, cleverness'.

Its appearance in every third footballing article or post, when there are a half-a-dozen ready-to-hand synonyms -- 'acumen'; 'savvy'; 'mother wit'; and that's just the colorful ones -- of equal precision and impeccable English ancestry, defeats me.
I want to find the footballing journalist who released this monster upon an unsuspecting world and hit them, repeatedly, with a cleek. Or baffie. Or mashie-niblick. I'm not particular.

And I love Greek. I'm a teacher of classical languages. This stuff feeds my kids and pays my mortgage.

Might as well say 'footballing Klugheit' or 'footballing sagesse' and be damned.
Oops! My shame....(ta!)

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Cowfold is more likely to be nearer the mark than not. Hate to say it but I am utterly convinced we will struggle to recruit and be relegated next season. We lack footballing nause as a club compared to so many it seems. For most of our history.

The only things we lacked were top facilities, now we have them. In years to come we will look back and thank god we built our house on solid foundations.We must and indeed, i believe have, learned valuable lesson's from the plethora of failed clubs up and down the country. From Portsmouth to Plymouth, Coventry to Grimsby,( i say Grimsby because just12 years ago they were in the equivalent of the Championship pushing for the Prem,now non league) and of course our own mess . No, we are going in the right direction overall, and just for the record i think we are going to be promoted next season automatic in second place,so confidant am i i'm going to have £50 on it. Now that is worrying because it's 12 months too soon.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The COLOR of money that pays the mortgage?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't believe that you are getting drawn into this rubbish about the 2015 summer recruitment and missing the real issue.

2016 Summer Recruitment and we haven't even started preparing ! Burke's replacement's replacement OUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here