Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prepare to be seriously underwhelmed . . .

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
BUT occasionally we uncover the odd gem.

Who'd EVER heard of Johnny Byrne or Mickey Small when Barry Lloyd discovered them working at the JPS factory on his round the world "long fag" summer holiday??

Dick Knight invented Bobby Zamora in a laboratory in New York where he had an office you know!!

Ulloa was but a humble barista who'd left Argentina in search of coffee recognition when he was spotted doing keepy uppies with a coffee bean by Tony Bloom during the world chorizo eating championships. Our Tone was on the little Japanese fella for 5 large. Sadly said Jap couldn't stomach the paprika overload and was declared lame after the 53rd ramekin was put in front of him. Our Tone left 5 bigguns out of pocket with a growing dislike of Sushi but had found a man who destroyed those horrible oiks up the road, got him his 5 grandè back with interest and was the best karaoke signer this side Buenos Aires who was often found propping up the bar at Hartio's on the pier longing for someone to share his love of the Jive Bunny MEGA mix.

I've a good feeling about this season mate......I can see the Moldovan postman we've been keep tabs on coming good.

*disclaimer......some of the "facts" in the this post may or may not be true!

and just think kayal will be that gem we have uncovered next season

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its Best isn't it
we are going to sign him
lets all hope he has been hiding his light under a bushel and we get him cheap
otherwise it will be plenty of this :wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
As long as Brighton have 11 players on the pitch I will be there watching. I've seen Jason Jarrett play in midfield and I've seen Vicente In midfield within 5 years.

Nothing this club does makes sense. Fingers crossed and hope for the best

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Get a grip.

It is MAY. The transfer window does not even open for another 40 days. By all means have a go at the club when/if they have failed this transfer window. But the way some of you are going on is frankly embarrassing. Sort your lives out and step away from NSC if all you can do is go into full 'WE ARE DOOMED' mode every time a teenager from Blackpool goes elsewhere or some geezer from France is reported to want to stay in France. It is going to be a long summer for you guys if you react like this.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is this a record for how early the thread about not signing anyone has appeared. Season not even over and yet here it is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure it is time to worry yet the youngster from Blackpool would have gone into the dev squad anyway and might not have even made the 1st team

el punal

Depressingly you're not wrong,Albion as a club are now seen as laughing stock,common knowledge throughout the game that we are a club with zero interest in the playing side and all our board is interested in is building a property/ venue portfolio.The on pitch side of things is being run into the ground.

And the "woe is me" post of the week goes to . . . ! If you really want to know who the laughing stock clubs are try Blackpool, or Leeds, or Newcastle with one draw and nine defeats out of ten. The football season hasn't even finished and yet you come out with this drivel. It probably would have been wiser if you waited until August to comment on transfer dealings. :shootself

And the "woe is me" post of the week goes to . . . ! If you really want to know who the laughing stock clubs are try Blackpool, or Leeds, or Newcastle with one draw and nine defeats out of ten. The football season hasn't even finished and yet you come out with this drivel. It probably would have been wiser if you waited until August to comment on transfer dealings. :shootself

I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong but we all know what's coming.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I must admit, I'm a tad worried, we had already singed Toko by this time last year, and look how well that turned out

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 weeks until French training camp.

6 signings needed ( minimum ).

We have a symmetry.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
"Look at me, my opinion is so important it requires it's own topic..."

Player 1 - Other clubs want him, WHAT NO WAY?
Player 2 - Wants to stay in France, our fault why?
Player 3 - Premier league club wants him, our fault..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is an example of pointless threads that leave people bored all summer. No doubt this makes me a 'licker' but it was the same last summer. Just because people were right to be concerned last summer, doesn't mean they needed to add new threads all the time moaning about lack of transfer activity.

I don't remember seeing anyone on here guaranteeing it would be okay last summer. What many, including myself, said was that we should wait and see rather than spending all summer moaning. Are we really going to get a thread every time a player who was linked with us or people think we should sign goes and joins another team? Jed Wallace was a classic example. Moans about not signing him but if we had signed him there would have been moans about a League 2 player signing. The club can't win at the moment.

The negativity around the club after one poor season is quite worrying. There has been so much moaning already this summer. We had a poor season but the club are aware of that. We need to get some good signings but constant threads on here slagging the club off won't help. Obviously there's going to be threads about signings and who is going to join but there's no point in the constant moaning there's been this week. It's boring and pointless.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I must admit, I'm a tad worried, we had already singed Toko by this time last year, and look how well that turned out

stop-everything-and-start-panicking.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here