[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
How do you have holdings of £104k, when the limit is £50k per person.
Typo maybe, or perhaps there are more than two of you making up the we!😁😁
We have the max of £50k each but they were done online. I still have a few separate ones for a few £k, so I'm guessing previously held ones are not included?
I have wondered about this, too.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
How do you have holdings of £104k, when the limit is £50k per person.
Typo maybe, or perhaps there are more than two of you making up the we!😁😁
Wonder if it is that if you go for reinvestment, rather than getting the winnings in your bank account, it means you will have over the investment limit?

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Bugger all yet again on maximum investment , , they have two months then it’s going in an isa

Jul 7, 2003
POSTCODE LOTTERY. separate thread? Been doing it since the beginning, only £10 a month outlay (now 12). Won a grand last year to get all my money back and three tenners before that.
I know all Albion fans don't live in Sussex but as a whole we seem to do rather poorly down here with the life changing wins, most seem to be "up north"

You don't have to use your own postcode - you could pick any location in the country. Mrs DCH still plays based on our old postcode as she would hate to find our old neighbours got a win and she had missed out.

There was a big win in Goring just before xmas 2022. Some people won nearly £380k each - I won £20 that week!

My only minor gripe is that they increased the monthly cost but not the minimum prize so one small win doesn't even cover your entry now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have the max of £50k each but they were done online. I still have a few separate ones for a few £k, so I'm guessing previously held ones are not included?
I have wondered about this, too.
They haven’t hooked up your investments- they will at some point. I got sent a cheque for £5 🤣

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
£100 this month.

2023 was a total of £1200 so it's continuing the £100 a month average.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
How do you hold £104k between the pair of you - do you also have previously purchased ones?
50k each plus I ‘gave’ one of our lads £4K to do a bit more…

Other investment media have the potential to achieve more, but PBs capital secure, albeit not in real money terms, the big plus being the chance of pulling the big one, all prizes tax free.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
50k each plus I ‘gave’ one of our lads £4K to do a bit more…

Other investment media have the potential to achieve more, but PBs capital secure, albeit not in real money terms, the big plus being the chance of pulling the big one, all prizes tax free.
I hope you can trust him....
"Hi folks - I've won the big one and it's in my name....I'll send you a postcard!" :ROFLMAO:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
How do you hold £104k between the pair of you - do you also have previously purchased ones?
We’ve never had £104k between us.
We topped up to the maximum some time ago and maths isn’t my wife’s strong point when she worked out how much she could put in! The £2 refund was due to her mistake.😁👍

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I've got a 9% return in the last year so can't complain.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seeing that this was bounced I checked my account this morning and nothing....I get home and just had an e-mail saying congrats, you have won ? does the draw run over a few days then ? I thought it was all drawn on the first working day of the month and you were advised within 24 hours ?... oh, and I won £150 !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports