Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership football at the Albion? That'll cost you...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting approach...

Prices for 2012-13 will be frozen if the club are in the Championship. If we are promoted to the Premier League, fans will be contacted regarding any additional increase. There will also be a reintroduction of a transport levy for all season ticket holders.

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
That statement sent alarm bells ringing when I first read it. If we went up they wouldn't do a QPR on us would they? Wasn't it about 40% increase there fans faced. I really hope not but its a possibility. With regards travel vouchers feel thats the correct decision, at the end of the day the club can't please everyone.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we do go up, there will be only be 19 home games so even keeping the prices the same would still represent an increase.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The approach seems good to me, but yes it depends how much they want to charge. I think I pay ~£35 a month on Direct Debit at the moment, if it was ~£50 I might have to really think about it.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Even if ST prices stay the same there's a 'per-match' increase of 22% anyway due to fewer matches in the PL.

I would say it is fairly predictable - the fairness would depend upon benchmarking against the prices of other Premier league clubs. If our prices are competitive (excluding the very big and expensive clubs ) it would be difficult to argue with. Would be a bit of a logistical nightmare if people renew and then prices increase substantially so people then change their minds.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Goes with the territory I suppose,Premiership football means Premiership wages for the players.We would certainly need to sign players of the quality of Razak,Asulin etc. on permanent deals as well as bringing more quality,which will cost.Although the club will receive a fair old wedge from Sky,a lot more cash will be needed if we are to compete at the top level.I would not object to paying more,providing it is a realistic figure (10-15%) that doesn't take the piss out of us fans.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Goes with the territory I suppose,Premiership football means Premiership wages for the players.We would certainly need to sign players of the quality of Razak,Asulin etc. on permanent deals as well as bringing more quality,which will cost.Although the club will receive a fair old wedge from Sky,a lot more cash will be needed if we are to compete at the top level.I would not object to paying more,providing it is a realistic figure (10-15%) that doesn't take the piss out of us fans.

If you mean as a per-match figure then that 10-15% would mean a drop in the ST price.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I paying 35 ATM a month for in the north stand so I'd be happy to go to 60 max a month if it meant real class players coming in & improved transport, I'm sure around £60 is what some of the best seats in the Amex cost ATM anyways.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The switching around of kick-off times would be a real arse-ache, and yes it would cost more per game, and we would be scrapping for every last single point, and face the odd - 3-0 down in 20 mins, this could get embarrassing - type afternoons, in a division we could never get close to winning, or even being top 6.

The media would have you believe that The Premiership is the place EVERYONE wants to be. Hmmm.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So more seats; less games; plus heaps of incoming filthy Premier League & TV lucre - & the prices will go up? f*** that for a lark. :angry:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we go up, of course it will cost us more. We would expect to pay less if we went down into League 1, right? So where's the difference? With respect, the wording of this thread is bang out of order in my opinion. I'm not saying you should be on the clubs' side whatever happens, but if you want to keep them on side...

As far as I am concerned, the travel levy is spot on and fair for the majority, and a price increase for Premier League football is spot on aswell.

Edit
I've just read your post in the travel levy thread, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], and I might have misread your original post in this thread. I am sorry if I have mis-interpreted your intentions, but it read to me as being a criticisim, which I would disagree with.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i must've read it as 'prices going up anyway'. Bit concerned, but I should be able to afford it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How does that work then? 18,000 of us renew our season tickets, then to be told tickets are going up £200? £300? The club must be absolutely wetting themselves at the prospect of upping the price of season tickets knowing that we can do essentially naff all about it. Why don't they announce the proposed rises BEFORE people commit to buying a season ticket?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
How does that work then? 18,000 of us renew our season tickets, then to be told tickets are going up £200? £300? The club must be absolutely wetting themselves at the prospect of upping the price of season tickets knowing that we can do essentially naff all about it. Why don't they announce the proposed rises BEFORE people commit to buying a season ticket?

Exactly , and what happens if you fork out for it all upfront , then come the end of the season we're promoted and they throw extra on top? bit out of order to take someones season ticket and I doubt a refund would be in order.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This is the biggest Brighton and Hove Albion fans forum. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], how about supporting the club and not posting a very provocative thread?

If we go up, of course it will cost us more. We would expect to pay less if we went down into League 1, right? So where's the difference? With respect, the wording of this thread is bang out of order in my opinion. I'm not saying you should be on the clubs' side whatever happens, but if you want to keep them on side...

As far as I am concerned, the travel levy is spot on and fair for the majority, and a price increase for Premier League football is spot on aswell.

But why should it cost us more (travel levy notwithstanding)? Perhaps it's about time clubs woke up to the fact that most of us are in the financial shit & there are limits to what's affordable (including mercenary footballers, their agents & those goddam 'fixers'). A minority of the current 18,000 ST Holders paid through the nose in order to keep the club alive at Withdean: & I for one would be appalled if they were to show their gratitude by chasing monied, wannabe match-goers who would f*** off at the merest whiff of a relegation fight. I'd like to believe our new stadium has the word 'Community' in it for a good reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here