Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League - Void or positions stand ?

What will Premier League do ?

• Null & Void

Votes: 198 58.2%
  • Current Positions stand

Votes: 54 15.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 88 25.9%

• Total voters

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Expect that it'll probably be;
Suspend it now
Suspend it again it a few weeks
Be all ready to start again and someone else tests positive so suspend it again
Finally void the whole season off
Start 20/21 Season with all teams in same leagues they were

Bang on. They’ll keep kicking the problem down the line until forced into a decision.

I don’t anticipate anything more conclusive or clear today than ‘temporary suspension of games’, at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The three teams in the relegation zone would rightly sue the PL if relegated 11 games before the end of the season. This bug ain’t going away for at least four months, probably longer. The only answer is void the current season, screwing up Liverpool will just be a bonus.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Whilst "void" the season seems tough given so may games played, I just think there are too many connecting bits including contracts etc. that make postponement/delay just too complicated. I would have thought that the PL has a competition rule that covers a scenario, Force Majeure as someone ele has stated, or something more specific in the event of a season not being able to be completed. There is no real idea when the pandemic will be over, so postponement seems like putting the big decision "off" .
Make the big, bold but clear decision now, but get Morgan Freeman to make the announcement (a la Deep Impact) , and we will all feel better!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Void.

No team should be relegated without playing 38 games.

Awarding draws is a farce.

Start again from scratch in September or October when it is safe to do so.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
End season now, give Liverpool the title
No relegation
Promote Leeds and WBA
Next season, 3 relegated and team in 17th goes into playoffs with 3,4 & 5th in the Championship, same again the following season to get back to 20

Alternative is to suspend the season, but problem with that is no-one has any idea when it’ll be able to start up again

How can you promote Leeds and WBA when they technically aren’t guaranteed those places.

You can’t say it’s unfair to relegate teams without all games played, yet then say promote teams with the same circumstances.

Yes it’s crap... yes it’s unfair but unless the season can be physically completed it simply HAS to be voided.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How can you promote Leeds and WBA when they technically aren’t guaranteed those places.

You can’t say it’s unfair to relegate teams without all games played, yet then say promote teams with the same circumstances.

Yes it’s crap... yes it’s unfair but unless the season can be physically completed it simply HAS to be voided.
Exactly.

Fulham still have to play WBA and Leeds, so it is impossible to declare Leeds and WBA should go up with a straight face.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If it’s voided then imagine a lot of compensation will have to be paid down the leagues for teams that have missed out on promotions.

I actually like the 19th game idea. Everyone has played everyone once so a much leveller playing field.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It was only a suggestion to go along with others posted - there is no easy answer, we all know that. I think all we'll see today is a suspension (probably 2-4 weeks initially)- which will give UEFA, the FA and the rest time to come up with an answer

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Case of not what is the best option but what is the least worst option! Seems void the season meets that criteria. Another way of looking at is what would they do if we were at war! You would be planning further than a couple of weeks!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Something else, Liverpool should be awarded the title because there is no chance in hell that anyone was ever going to catch them and then next season it starts with the same teams in the divisions as this season.
You never know Bury may even return.
The same teams that qualified for Europe last season should feature next season.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It would be tough on the likes of Liverpool and any team looking good for promotion, but I think it has to be null & void, just write the season off and concentrate on more important matters like keeping people alive.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Spurs fan: "Void it immediately and start from scratch next August with the same managers who started this season reinstated" :smile:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
- suspend season until further notice
- move Euros to next summer
- use time where Euros would be to clear backlog
- set a date where if the situation is prolonged and the season cannot be completed in the extension then null and void season no promotions or relegations

This.
Firstly scrap the FA Cup and all European tournaments this year. Move Euro 2020 to 2021. Then, with most teams having 9 games, play 2 games a week for a month starting 6th June. Should be done and dusted by mid July.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
- suspend season until further notice
- move Euros to next summer
- use time where Euros would be to clear backlog
- set a date where if the situation is prolonged and the season cannot be completed in the extension then null and void season no promotions or relegations

Yep suspend now for two months. If not OK in mid/end of May void.

Edit: As of now delay the start of next season by as much as is appropriate (six weeks?).

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I think of the options I've seen, the idea of finishing the season as was after all teams have played each other once is the fairest. Award promotions and relegations to those in automatic positions only (so only 2 down from premier league and 2 up from championship).

Watford may take issue with this however...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here