[Football] Premier League - Project Big Picture

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
With us and West Ham ‘out’, we just need 5 more teams to veto the plan in it’s current form.

I can see sides like Burnley, Leicester, Newcastle, Leeds & Villa all rejecting this.

The Villa CEO was on Radio 4 a little earlier and he came out against the plan, said that it'd get little traction at the Premier League meeting later today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can anyone see this having any possibility of being pushed through?

Currently they need a majority of 14 to pass it, there is no way the clubs outside the top six will vote for it. There is is talk of a threat of a breakaway League if it doesn’t go through. Do you think any of those outside the top six are going to be persuaded to change their minds because of it? I’d have thought they’d rather the top six buggered off than put themselves at risk of relegation and opening the gap even further with no parachute payments

Am I being naive and simplistic?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It would be good for the game if some ******** clubs did breakaway, and piss off to UAE/USA

Then the FA grew some balls and brought everything together as it used to be. Div 1, 2, 3 &4. The PL dies. a realignment of finance and a true sporting contest.

I am a daydreaming simpleton, but it's a nice idea.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Let the top six go then hopefully the Premier league can build a fair system for all clubs. We must learn from past mistakes and take out greed and corruption from the game otherwise its finished

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It would be good for the game if some ******** clubs did breakaway, and piss off to UAE/USA

Then the FA grew some balls and brought everything together as it used to be. Div 1, 2, 3 &4. The PL dies. a realignment of finance and a true sporting contest.

I am a daydreaming simpleton, but it's a nice idea.

The FA can't bring everything back together. The Premier League is a separate organisation which they have no control over (or certainly not the power to disband anyway)

This breakaway threat. It's just a threat. They throw their toys out of the pram when they don't get what they want. We would be wise to face them down.

This will never get through. The yanks know this. However the real threat is the next suggestion or the one after now that the football going public have been softened up to the suggestion

Oh and Parry, he's just a patsy who the yanks are about to lob under the bus

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Unanimous ???? so those who thought it up (pool & Utd) voted against it as well ..... miss direction away from PPV ? or they just tested the water to see how far they could go

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Barber has basically gone into that meeting windmilling, shouting ‘come on, I’ll ‘ave the ****ing lot of yer’......

...and the big boys have run away.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone else feel the announcement just now feels a bit Munich 1938?

Barber better get on testing that new fighter plane...!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If the Top Six go six more will want to replace them (#1 being Leeds)

Got to feel sorry for clubs like Sunderland and Pompey being where they are when the music stopped. Way bigger than Leeds. As for Soton...they’re like the village idiot being told to play in goal!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Barber has basically gone into that meeting windmilling, shouting ‘come on, I’ll ‘ave the ****ing lot of yer’......

...and the big boys have run away.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

This.

A very good couple of days for PB and us. Also that meeting did approve a £50 million immediate bail out for Leagues One and Two :clap2:

Right, let's get on with an England win tonight and smashing Palace on Sunday :ascarf:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Anyone else think Project Big Bollocks was just a ruse by Liverpool and Man Utd that they knew would be rejected out of hand, just to ensure that the Premier League would agree to open talks on the future of the football league structure. I fully expect some new proposals to be forthcoming presented as some form of compromise when in reality its what they wanted in the first place. Standard negotiating tactic, start with something outrageous, then slowly water it down until you have what you wanted in the first place, but can then present yourself as the party that did all the compromising. Outrageous behaviour from these two clubs, totally disrespectful of the other teams in the league, and to try and bribe Saints and West Ham with the promise of you can join us big boys is disgraceful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports