Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League - Project Big Picture

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
For me it doesn’t go far enough. Surely a better idea for the big clubs would be a league of 6 then they can all **** off and allow the other 86 to get on with it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There's clearly a not very well hidden agenda to make the Champions League into an actual league. They keep creeping ever closer to that goal, leaving the EPL also-rans to fight over scraps at the second tier table. Beauty of it is, we can all opt out at any point and invest our time and money in, say, Lewes FC. Get back in touch with why we first fell in love with The Beautiful Game. Creeping ever closer to just saying F*CK RIGHT OFF to the EPL :wave:

This, with bells and my Whitehawk season ticket on.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
There's clearly a not very well hidden agenda to make the Champions League into an actual league. They keep creeping ever closer to that goal, leaving the EPL also-rans to fight over scraps at the second tier table. Beauty of it is, we can all opt out at any point and invest our time and money in, say, Lewes FC. Get back in touch with why we first fell in love with The Beautiful Game. Creeping ever closer to just saying F*CK RIGHT OFF to the EPL :wave:

This.....

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I presume that once the top 6 get the rights to determine everything that happens in the game, they will drive through a requirement that all clubs in the Championship / League 1 and 2 etc have to offer up their best players each year to the top 6 to bid for (with a max cost cap, of course), similar to the NFL College draft?

F'ing nonsense

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Doe this explain why the likes of Leeds and Villa have been spending like Katie Pride on a shopping spree in a desperate attempt to fireproof themselves for a top 18 spot?

Highly irresponsible to incentivise clubs to spend money they haven't got during Covid when no one knows how long this will go on for.

Having 20 sides gives clubs like us a chance to get a foothold in the division. In future anyone gwtting promoted will have to spend £100 million to have any chance of survival.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is what happens when you sell clubs to investors who care nothing about football except its corporate branding.

This is what happens when you sell clubs to investors who see nothing but dollar signs.

This is what happens when you sell to faceless suits who care nothing for 150 years of footballing tradition and history.

This is what happens when 'fit and proper' is defined by a hedge fund's capital worth and not on whether the investors actually know what the club badge looks like.

Football has sown the wind and reaped the whirlwind.

RIP

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
And I thought football had eaten itself!

Looks like it's being regurgitated only to be eaten again.

I can see why people are starting to get lose faith with the game at the highest level.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reading a bit deeper than a headline, seems they are offering a large amount of payments to EFL, lower leagues, FA. to balance the books, so clubs still get the same revenue, they drop a couple of clubs.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I was never in favour of the setting up of the Premiare league I don't think it has done anything for the lower leagues teams and I always thought it would devalue the domestic cups and prove to be a to big a hurdle for most teams below the championship to ever climb and so it has proved to be, with the ultimate plan of setting up of a European super league involving only the top six English teams.

This heavily influenced USA propsal is I fear Is the next stage of that plan

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Let's just make the rich richer and more powerful and not give a **** about anyone else, great attitude.
Not far from the days of the Liverpool and Manure franchises playing half their home matches in LA or Vegas.
No problem with the league being reduced to 18 so long as its Liverpool and Manure that are told to get ******. Absolute selfish greedy money grabbing *****.

Feel I'm getting close to completely losing all interest in 'professional' football, and if others start feeling the same it won't be long before the house of cards falls and these foreign businessmen asset strip the last value from 'their' clubs and disappear like Archer and Stanley leaving nothing but regret.

**** you Liverpool.
**** you Manure.

Rant over. I'm out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Looks loke Liverpool and Manchester United are leading the campaign to reduce the PL down to 18 teams, and scarp the League Cup and Charity Shield, to ensure the big 6 have more of a say in running the PL.

In the first season bottom 4 of PL relegated, top 2 from Championship promoted, then Championship play-off winners, play 16th PL team to decide final position.

Using the bail out to EFL teams as stick to get changes through.

Greed pure and simple from American owners

Sigh.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Will never happen. Turkey's voting for Christmas.

The very same idea has been wheeled out on and off for 30 years, it used to be so that England could compete with fresher players.

This. Wouldn't it need two thirds of Premier League clubs to approve a change like this?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Just looks like a power grab while everyone is suffering financially.

Looks very much like American sports. Very elitist. I can see them eventually doing away with all relegation and promotion.

F#ck that. What's the point of supporting any teams beyond the top 6 if this happens. It's bullsh1t.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’ve always quite liked the idea of the 18 team league in line with a whole FL restructure for cost savings further down the league.

Rest is rubbish though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The 'big 6' trying to take control of English football, by blackmailing financially struggling clubs during a global pandemic, really is peak shithousery. It's like offering a dying man a cure, but only giving it him if he lets you shag his wife & daughter whenever you please.

Any pics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here