Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League manager of the season so far?

Your Premier League manager of the season so far

• RDZ

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gary O'Neill

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Ange Postecoglu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jurgen Klopp

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But is it? I mean I voted for GON so on balance I probably agree with you.

But if it's that easy, how come Liverpool were about 10th this time last year, out of Europe and basically a bit crap?
It's not that easy. Definitely it's not easy. Nobody said it was easy.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
O'Neil has done a BRILLIANT job so far but that Wolves team have some hugely talented players. Cunha, Neto and maybe Joao Gomes are the next group (after Jota and that man city midfielder) of QUALITY players who will be at top teams. Hee Chan, Kilman, Sa, Ait Nouri and Sariba are very good PL players. 11th is where I would expect them to be (i tipped them from 9th in my pre-season prediction according to Whatsapp, before the manager left)

The work Edwards has done is just insane. Yes, they are still in trouble but they are in every single game and with that squad. Amazing.
Agree with this. IF Edwards keeps them up. O'Neill has been incredible but the majority of his team are full internationals. Luton looked so out of their depth early doors and have about 5 players in their entire squad that had Premier league experience before this season. The fact that they're not only not bottom of the league but not even in the relegation zone (EFC points deductions acknowledged) as we approach March is incredible. EVERYBODY had them finishing rock bottom before a ball was even kicked.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Wilder for me.

Brought in to save them from the drop and has accelerated their decline in double quick time. Be pleased to see the back of the rugby merchants.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
So far it has to be Emery, but come the end of the season if Edwards keeps Luton up or O’Neill gets Wolves into Europe it’d be either of those two

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm not suggesting he's the leading contender, but Iraola deserves a mention amongst the nominees IMO.

If (I know, it's a big IF), you disregard the first 9 games (3 points), plucky little 'muff are 6th in the form table. It was a massive change of style to implement, hence my generosity towards the rubbish start, but he has done very well (as much as it pains me to say it).

Rob Edwards gets my vote though.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As an aside, it's interesting that of 33 votes, not a single one of us has voted for RDZ. Despite him losing the best midfield pairing in the league, he's qualifying for the last 16 in Europe, we're 7th place in the league and still in the FA Cup.
To me, it would just feel like bias to vote for RdZ, so I didn't even consider it :)

Given the number of people on the "would you take 7th place" thread that are saying NO, I guess there are a lot of people who would feel 7th is underachieving, or at least only par and therefore RdZ isn't doing enough to be considered manager of the season...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here