Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Ground Atmosphere Ranked

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No way Luton is the worst. How the Etihad is not bottom is a mystery, quite loud when City score for about a minute and then silence for the rest of the game. Stamford Bridge awful but then haven't had much to cheer about lately.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I don't think there is a single PL stadium that has a good atmosphere on a regular basis. Our European trips show how tame the PL is in comparison.

I would class almost all the 20 as mediocre and on roughly the same level, including The Amex. The only exceptions are two or three that stand out as really bad, including the Etihad which this season felt a bit like watching an exhibition match.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think there is a single PL stadium that has a good atmosphere on a regular basis. Our European trips show how tame the PL is in comparison.

I would class almost all the 20 as mediocre and on roughly the same level, including The Amex. The only exceptions are two or three that stand out as really bad, including the Etihad which this season felt a bit like watching an exhibition match.
Forest is usually pretty loud.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City fans will all have voted for each other, I suspect, which is why they're up there. I wonder whether the fans who voted were actual away game attenders. Surprising Luton come top, maybe pampered EPL away fans find old skool grounds a little upsetting, and confuse comfort with atmosphere.

el punal

It’s all subjective really. It depends what happens on the pitch that dictates the atmosphere. With regard to the Amex I’ll throw in the games against Burnley when we lost 1-0 with two of our players sent off and the Sheffield Wednesday play off match for incredible crowd reaction. More recently our European League fixtures, and those wins against Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and many more.
On the negative side the atmosphere for Everton and Forest recently was very flat - a feeling of relief more than anything at getting a result in both games.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This from a Roma fan.

1711104656913.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're certainly nowhere near as bad as some like to make out (particularly them up the road...) but 3rd is ridiculous.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With regard to the Amex I’ll throw in the games against Burnley when we lost 1-0 with two of our players sent off and the Sheffield Wednesday play off match for incredible crowd reaction.

Has anyone mentioned the Sheffield Wednesday game yet? :lolol: Plus Burnley for Amex atmosphere bingo. Will those two still be the reference points going into the next decade?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're certainly nowhere near as bad as some like to make out (particularly them up the road...) but 3rd is ridiculous.
But we're not third in that list, because if no one votes that you're the worst, that doesn't make you the best. If people were voting for best atmosphere, we could have finished near the bottom.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In my experience the City Ground has easily the best atmosphere in the Prem. I've also been impressed by the TH stadium, and - if Newcastle are attacking - St James's. Plus, an honourable mention to Anfield....on the two occasions I've been, the atmosphere has been great. I was also surprised at how good the atmosphere was at Molyneux recently for the FA Cup game (not that we had much to do with that - apart from conceding a comedy goal after 2 mins!). Other than that, all much of a muchness imho.

el punal

Has anyone mentioned the Sheffield Wednesday game yet? :lolol: Plus Burnley for Amex atmosphere bingo. Will those two still be the reference points going into the next decade?
Only if you were there. :wink:

Were you referring to the Sheffield Wednesday game in our promotion season when we won 2-1 with Knocky getting the winner in the last few minutes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here