[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Summer FA Cup. Weird!

Qquarterfinals - June 27-28
Semifinals - July 11-12
Final - August 1

So Quarters and Semis are at weekends, thus clashing with PL fixtures?
Thought they would have put them on a free midweek to keep all the Clubs on same number of PL games played.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Summer FA Cup. Weird!

Qquarterfinals - June 27-28
Semifinals - July 11-12
Final - August 1

Had no idea who was left...

Leicester City v Chelsea
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Sheffield United v Arsenal
Norwich City v Manchester United

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
PL fixtures are every day of the week not just on weekends.

6 weekend plus 3 midweek rounds were initially announced

Rounds of matches will be:

Fri (1 game), Saturday (4 games), Sunday (4 games), Monday (1 game)
or
Tuesday (18:00 or 20.00) and Wednesday (18:00 or 20:00)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Everton Liverpool live on BBC TV. Is this to stop people cramming into other peoples homes to watch Sky/BT?
How much must the companies paying £billions be upset at having to give up that game.
Also seen a rumour it may be played in Manchester.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52833725?__twitter_impression=true

Time slots are in the link.I don’t think there is an ‘or’.

You can quite clearly see that the Friday to Monday slots add up to the ten fixtures that make up one round of games.

Edit to add:

Kick-off times will be as follows (all times BST):
◾ Friday: 20:00
◾ Saturday: 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 20:00
◾ Sunday: 12:00, 14:00, 16:30 and 19:00
◾ Monday: 20:00
◾ Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 18:00 and 20:00

BBC Sport understands that clubs have agreed to a provisional end date of Saturday, 25 July.

It is also understood that finishing the season would require six weekends and three midweek rounds.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...people cramming into other peoples homes to watch Sky/BT?

You just KNOW that this is going to happen regardless.

A combination of wall-to-wall football on TV + great weather + easing of restrictions + loads of people still off work is going to create a right old mess. Frankly, I'm beyond caring whether football comes back or not and if I were a police officer I'd just say to people, "you know what? Do what the **** you like now." But I do think that all these PL games on TV through June / July has the potential to undo everything that was achieved in March and April.

Luckily, none of my neighbours are into football. This is going to be booze / sun / football / BBQ carnage.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

A combination of wall-to-wall football on TV + great weather + easing of restrictions + loads of people still off work is going to create a right old mess. Frankly, I'm beyond caring whether football comes back or not and if I were a police officer I'd just say to people, "you know what? Do what the **** you like now." But I do think that all these PL games on TV through June / July has the potential to undo everything that was achieved in March and April.

Luckily, none of my neighbours are into football. This is going to be booze / sun / football / BBQ carnage.

Unfortunately it won't be any form of protection to anyone that barbecues are happening outside of the immediate vicinity. The rest of society could end up paying for those that simply don't care, like neighbours of mine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are we to assume they will still stick with the traditional of the final round of games all kicking off at the same time?

You'd assume so?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Are we to assume they will still stick with the traditional of the final round of games all kicking off at the same time?

You'd assume so?

Possibly, although it may well depend on if there's much to sort out. If the European and relegation places are sorted, there isn't nearly as much pressure to all kick off at same time

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I'm going to declare an interest - beginning to look forward to the restart and how it all plays out. If others start to take an interest in this festival of football, as I think they will, surely it will help whatever the lockdown looks like in three weeks as people will stay indoors to watch some of it rather than break lockdown. I'll start with watching the Villa match. It certainly is another salutary reminder of the human tragedy of Covid-19 that poor Dean Smith has lost his dad amongst 37,000 plus other individual tragedies and, if football doesn't restart after all, I really don't care. It is as unimportant as it was at the outbreak. But if it restarts, I will be watching matches that affect Albion as much as Mrs Earle allows.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A few games potentially being moved to neutral venues;

The game in which Liverpool could secure the Premier League title could be held at a neutral venue, says the national lead for football policing.

Deputy Chief Constable Mark Roberts says up to six matches could be moved at the request of local police forces.

They include the Merseyside derby as well as Manchester City v Liverpool.

Roberts said discussions with the Premier League had been "positive" with a "shared focus on the priority of public health".

The Premier League is set to restart on 17 June, subject to government approval.

The fixtures set to be moved to neutral venues are:

Manchester City v Liverpool
Manchester City v Newcastle
Manchester United v Sheffield United
Newcastle v Liverpool
Everton v Liverpool
The game in which Liverpool could secure the title

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here