Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
07C3A791-B135-45DB-950D-5D64868FD159.jpeg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Who cares? The Riffrafferati have ruined flying, need to close airlines that do not have first class.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not a great look really. Where do Albion stand on this?

I wholly support the team doing so if it means the players have more rest time.

Aviation doesn't pollute as much as shipping which is double and increasing, so anyone attacking a few PL clubs when industrial polluters like China build more coal powered plants really is pissing in the wind.

Does that fact force us to stop buying cheap goods, from a country that is increasing coal power and knowing that is then shipped to UK which is twice as polluting?

When we've done our bit, we'll have every right to insist heavy scheduled PL players sacrifice rest by taking 6-8 hour coach journeys.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Aviation doesn't pollute as much as shipping which is double and increasing, so anyone attacking a few PL clubs when industrial polluters like China build more coal powered plants really is pissing in the wind.

Does that fact force us to stop buying cheap goods, from a country that is increasing coal power and knowing that is then shipped to UK which is twice as polluting?

When we've done our bit, we'll have every right to insist heavy scheduled PL players sacrifice rest by taking 6-8 hour coach journeys.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that that sending something via air is between 15 and 50 times worse for the environment than via sea.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Taking a private jets is probably the most carbon intensive thing am individual can do.

In November 2021 the Premier League signed up to the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, which brings together sports organisations from all over the world to achieve climate change goals.

How serious are they, is this just more greenwashing?

I'd like to see all PL clubs agree not use them for domestic use. For International travel they should use commercial airlines.

I notice the FA are on the fence as usual, very weak...

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Im fairly sure the albion fly to most away games north of London, and have done for a long time.
I did a tour of the training ground a while back and they were saying about they prefer to fly to away games as its less tiring for the players. It means they can get back home in a couple of hours rather than gone midnight if they go by coach.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Im fairly sure the albion fly to most away games north of London, and have done for a long time.
I did a tour of the training ground a while back and they were saying about they prefer to fly to away games as its less tiring for the players. It means they can get back home in a couple of hours rather than gone midnight if they go by coach.
Yes they do, my office is a few feet away from the VIP suite they go through each time they fly.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I've looked a few times at journeys teams have taken flying to away games, it's almost always marginal how much time is saved. Take Brighton to, for example, Villa. 3 hours 10 right now according to Google. I assume Brighton would fly from Biggin Hill? Toy have to load up a coach at Lancing, drive to Biggin Hill, fly to (assume) Birmingham, offload and on top coach, drive to Villa park. Difficult to see how you're going to save much, especially given the environmental cost ...

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
As long as we win away I couldn't give a s**t if we fly to places, so if it means flying to Bournemouth and Soton and Crawley (Gatwick be handy to land at) then so be it. I wonder how any hand wringing 'it's disgusting' types are flying off on holiday this year.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's not the journey the team makes per se but the other journeys the plane makes in order to pick up the team. An example given was a plane flying empty from Inverness to Bournemouth to collect the team.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
But if you have enough money, like everyone who flew private to the WEF, COP etc you can justify it by paying for a carbon offset scheme to make the flight 'net zero' and carry on as you were. That **** Bill Gates is a prime example. Emissions will be another tax on the poor, don't fuel the fire by being outraged as shit like this.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here