[Albion] Premier League 8-10th November

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Narwitch and Whatfor? are shite house. Andrew Grey - selfish useless tit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At least with Watford you can look to Foster and Deulofeu and say there’s two quality players on their day.

Norwich? No idea. Look fully like a Championship side.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I wish I had a pound for each time Cantwell gave the bail away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can't tell how bad Watford are because Norwich have bee so Unterhosen. Weaker than piss.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not sure Norwich would have scored if they’d been out there all night.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
....only one other relegation spot to worry about.

Agree. Those saying Watford could survive - this is their first win all season. We won 3-0 at their ground. They have lost 8-0 this season. They’ve basically just beaten a side who don’t look like they could score in the proverbial brothel.

It’s those two and one more for the drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
And how is Cantwell a professional footballer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree. Those saying Watford could survive - this is their first win all season. We won 3-0 at their ground. They have lost 8-0 this season. They’ve basically just beaten a side who don’t look like they could score in the proverbial brothel.

It’s those two and one more for the drop.

I would agree but for all the laughing we did at palace's expense only for them to once again finish above us.

There's far too much shite in the bottom half of the Premier League to right both teams off, Norwich yes Watford, not yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I would agree but for all the laughing we did at palace's expense only for them to once again finish above us.

There's far too much shite in the bottom half of the Premier League to right both teams off, Norwich yes Watford, not yet.

Did you watch the game Stat? It was like last season’s Huddersfield versus relegation season Sunderland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you watch the game Stat? It was like last season’s Huddersfield versus relegation season Sunderland

Only the last 20 minutes after Big Jurg ran rings around all of Germany.

Obviously the last 20 minutes of that was still plenty enough to agree with you.
I'm just suggesting you may well be writing the same after Southampton v Newcastle.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Given that Norwich conceded 56 goals in winning the Championship last season, their struggles in the Premier League this time are not surprising. As soon as Pukki's goals have dried up, so has Norwich's form.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Stat is spot on. Write off Watford at your peril. They could easily win their next two games and find themselves mid table before we reach December.

They were shite tonight clearly, but that is just one game, and they won easily enough in any case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stat is spot on. Write off Watford at your peril. They could easily win their next two games and find themselves mid table before we reach December.

They were shite tonight clearly, but that is just one game, and they won easily enough in any case.

This.

Arrogance to write off an established PL club this early. Watford have the finances and club connections to bring in further quality in the New Year.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I think it took Newcastle until their 11th match last season to win a match, but they ended up staying up comfortably. It has taken Watford an extra match to get a win on the board. Still relatively early yet with 2/3s of the season still to play and with Watford getting a couple of players back from injury.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And how is Cantwell a professional footballer?
It's funny you say that, as I was watching and wondering whether I could do any worse. I had to think to myself, presumably he's proven himself in the Championship, so he can't be as shit as he currently looks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

It’s not just one game. They hadn’t won for six months before that. Mathematically they are in a better position, theoretically they are in a better position and they’ll gain a bit of confidence, but attack down their right and take your chances and you’ll batter them. If they lose or draw those “easy” games they’re fooked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only the last 20 minutes after Big Jurg ran rings around all of Germany.

Obviously the last 20 minutes of that was still plenty enough to agree with you.
I'm just suggesting you may well be writing the same after Southampton v Newcastle.
Maybe there'll be meeting between club owners and the PL officials, and it be agreed that in order to save the reputation of the league, 4 teams should be relegated this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s not just one game. They hadn’t won for six months before that. Mathematically they are in a better position, theoretically they are in a better position and they’ll gain a bit of confidence, but attack down their right and take your chances and you’ll batter them. If they lose or draw those “easy” games they’re fooked.

You are right that they haven't won all season but part of that is lack of confidence. Your last sentence says it all for me - if they lose or draw those easy games, perhaps we should be writing them off then. But they haven't played those games yet and 4 points from Burnley at home and then Southanpton away puts a very different slant on things.

One other thing - you remember the 8-0 reverse, but that was against Man City. If you're going to highlight that result as if to prove a point as to how shite they are, then I'll highlight that they have drawn against both Arsenal and Spurs, with Spurs needing an 86th minute equaliser.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sky said of the 18 teams to start their first 11 games with 5 points or less a surprising 9 have stayed up.

On paper Watford are better than Norwich, Burnley and Southampton. I think they'll be Ok, especially if they can bring in a decent striker in the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports