Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 8-10th November

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It occurred to me that had both of these teams beaten us rather than the other way round, they'd both be above us and we would be second bottom.

Obviously all pointless ifs and buts as both were far worse than us in those games but it does show how early in the season we are still and therefore how we should be taking the league positions with a pinch of salt. I just noticed that Villa are alarmingly close to the bottom 3 and they have looked far too good to be troubling the relegation places whenever I've seen them...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cracking Championship game this.

You can smell the desperation for the points.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't put my mortgage on Watford going down at all. They haven't changed personel much from last season which was fairly decent for them.

Norwich, on the other hand, will be down by Christmas.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't put my mortgage on Watford going down at all. They haven't changed personel much from last season which was fairly decent for them.

Norwich, on the other hand, will be down by Christmas.

Really ? Watford had a good first half to last season but have been proper shitehouse since - 5 wins in the last 25 games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really ? Watford had a good first half to last season but have been proper shitehouse since - 5 wins in the last 25 games.
Well I'm not saying they won't go down, I just think they have a fighting chance - unlike Norwich.

Watford will win tonight (as I've already predicted) and then have Burnley at home then Southampton away. They could easily be out of the bottom 3 by the end of the month.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why did Norwich not spend in the transfer window given the Premier League largesse ?

Was it down to already being heavily in debt

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Norwich will be down by Christmas.

Remember their fans being insanely cocky online in the summer, all the talk of their flowing attacking football being brought straight into the Prem, no problem...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remember their fans being insanely cocky online in the summer, all the talk of their flowing attacking football being brought straight into the Prem, no problem...
Not just that, but the comments about how they'd be a dream to watch compared to Brighton. Not that I'm not enjoying watching them, but it's more of a nightmare than a dream.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed. Amusing how teams that smash the Championship can ever think they'll make a mark on the top division immediately, although to be fair Wolves managed it.

Incidentally, this is why I think Sheff Utd will stay up - their manager Chris Wilder is incredibly grounded. He knows their current position makes a mockery of their status as new boys and that at some point they will go on a barren run. But they are going about picking up points early doors and I think for less well resourced promoted teams, that is absolutely vital to have any chance of staying up. Sheff Utd remind me of Albion and Huddersfield in that first season. Norwich though, well they had their moment in the sun by beating Manchester City (and Newcastle) and now look a long way below the required standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I right in thinking a fair few on here, were rueing not singing Pukki, just a few weeks ago?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well I'm not saying they won't go down, I just think they have a fighting chance - unlike Norwich.

Watford will win tonight (as I've already predicted) and then have Burnley at home then Southampton away. They could easily be out of the bottom 3 by the end of the month.

Why did Norwich not spend in the transfer window give the Premier League largesse ?

Was it down to already being heavily in debt

Watford have always had that knack of pulling something out if the bag, as so to speak.
Whereas Norwich have never been a club drenched in riches.
It's like starting a new job, you suss everyone out, then slowly integrate yourself into the workspace ie PL.
Norwich haven't done that :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here