Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 8-10th November

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Score first and there will be a sh1t storm at Old Trafford with all the tourists demanding their money back.

I doubt if the tourists give a shit about the score, as long as they get their half and half scarf and the obligatory selfies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even if we assume you need 40 points, I've always thought 36, for safety then we are 29% of the games through the season with 38% of the points we need for safety.

I honestly think by January/February we will be confidently looking up the table, not down.

if leicester and chelski win their home games there could be a NINE point gap between 4th and 5th.. No more talk about big 6 anymore - just big four again.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We need to be VERY clinical on Sunday, I predict we won’t create many chances but we will create some, we have to take them.
Connelly is due one........

I would rest Gross for this one and bring back Mooy, Trossard probably to start on the bench again.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We need to be VERY clinical on Sunday, I predict we won’t create many chances but we will create some, we have to take them.
Connelly is due one........

I would rest Gross for this one and bring back Mooy, Trossard probably to start on the bench again.

If you don't predict we'll create many chances, why rest the guy most likely to create them?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
If you don't predict we'll create many chances, why rest the guy most likely to create them?

Has he got 90 minutes in him yet? I’d be surprised if he can suddenly go from 30 mins to 90 in a week, after being out for over 2 months.

You’re aware we’re playing Utd away right? Even Liverpool didn’t create many chances against them. I think we’ll compete but if you think it’s going to be like Norwich or even the first 30 mins at Villa then I think you’re in for a bad afternoon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We can move high as FIFTH, after this round of fixtures, or as low as FOURTEENTH.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We aren't that easy to do homework on but we will be well prepped on United. All the pressure is on them for this one and unless we give it away we have a good chance to stay above them or even make some space.

Man City Liverpool will be a boring 0-0

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We can move high as FIFTH, after this round of fixtures, or as low as FOURTEENTH.
8 months ago, with a high percentage of the same players, what would we have given for:-

after this round of fixtures, or as high as FOURTEENTH.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
I’m not getting carried away, I still think for us to win then ALL our players need to card a 7 out of 10 with some hitting 8 and we’ll need a few of theirs to card 5 and 6.
I do believe they have better players than us in most positions (as they flipping should!!), the difference is that we are playing as a team and they are totally random in that regard. I would NOT want to swap managers............

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Has he got 90 minutes in him yet? I’d be surprised if he can suddenly go from 30 mins to 90 in a week, after being out for over 2 months.

You’re aware we’re playing Utd away right? Even Liverpool didn’t create many chances against them. I think we’ll compete but if you think it’s going to be like Norwich or even the first 30 mins at Villa then I think you’re in for a bad afternoon.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 3.32.55 PM.png

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’d like to know how many of those ‘big’ chances were at home? IMO he’s never looked as effective away.
I thought Gross was quite poor last Saturday and rightly subbed, we noticeably picked up once he went off (admittedly with Trossard coming on).

Can't find stats on big chances but he has averaged 2 key passes per away game this season, compared to 2.8 at home.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/71824/Show/Pascal-Groß

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't checked but here are some nailed on Lawro predictions:

NORWAT draw
MNUBHA home win
LIVMNC draw

And I also think he will get all three wrong - away, draw, away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I honestly think by January/February we will be confidently looking up the table, not down.

Completely agree, although wherever we are I'm enjoying being way ahead of Palace (???) and in virtually a different league to United :)D).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

NORWAT draw
MNUBHA home win
LIVMNC draw

I'd go Home - Away - Home

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

NORWAT draw
MNUBHA home win
LIVMNC draw

Lawro has gone draw (1-1), home (2-0), home (2-0)

With Manchester United at the moment, just when you think they have sorted out some of their problems and turned a corner, they chuck in a poor performance like they one they put in against Bournemouth, and the revival comes to an abrupt halt.

They are up against another south coast club here and, like the Cherries, Brighton play some nice football and are going well, but United are at home and they surely won't slip up this time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Friday 8th November
Norwich City v Watford (20:00) Away win

Saturday 9th November
Chelsea v Crystal Palace (12:30) Home win
Burnley v West Ham United Away win
Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth Away win
Southampton v Everton Home win
Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United Home win