Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/3/21

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree, his arm is out wide and there is also movement of the arm.

The first contact isn't but the second one definitely is and I fail to see how the VAR didn't give that.

As for the red card, reluctantly agree it was correct to rescind.

Forwards are now deliberately chipping balls up to their opponents arms at near point blank range.

A ridiculous and unintended consequence of the silly new rule. Deliberate handball was the lesser of two evils. Imho.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Forwards are now deliberately chipping balls up to their opponents arms at near point blank range.

A ridiculous and unintended consequence of the silly new rule. Deliberate handball was the lesser of two evils. Imho.

Lol..personally I didn’t see that as deliberate

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don’t understand the premise that any arm that isn’t right beside the body is an unnatural position.

If someone is 5 yards away and you can see movement towards the ball or it hits an outstretched arm then yes handball but not from a yard away, defenders can’t always defend with their hands stuck to their sides it’s just ridiculous to expect that.

It’s never a penalty in a million years for me, at that range.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think Burnley getting a point just made it that little bit more important we get a result tonight. Don't want to start getting left adrift.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t understand the premise that any arm that isn’t right beside the body is an unnatural position.

If someone is 5 yards away and you can see movement towards the ball or it hits an outstretched arm then yes handball but not from a yard away, defenders can’t always defend with their hands stuck to their sides it’s just ridiculous to expect that.

It’s never a penalty in a million years for me, at that range.

On the current rules that is a penalty....I don’t expect the arm to be the side or behind him..but at a right angle...hmm..most of them have been given this season..and that’s what we hate most ..the inconsistency

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
On the current rules that is a penalty....I don’t expect the arm to be the side or behind him..but at a right angle...hmm..most of them have been given this season..and that’s what we hate most ..the inconsistency

And the current rules, are stupid. As that silly one in the Fulham game proves. (Now changed obviously)

Right angle, obtuse, acute I don’t care, defenders need their arms for balance when defending and someone kicking the ball at your arm from a yard away I will never consider a penalty, and for once I’m glad the VAR official used some common sense.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And the current rules, are stupid. As that silly one in the Fulham game proves. (Now changed obviously)

Right angle, obtuse, acute I don’t care, defenders need their arms for balance when defending and someone kicking the ball at your arm from a yard away I will never consider a penalty, and for once I’m glad the VAR official used some common sense.

Yep the rules are being changed and haven’t yet ..as I said we all want consistency

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ines off groin strain

Ha ha cheats don’t prosper we remember 1978

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here