Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/12/23

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Newcastle poor all game, but something changed around 65 minutes and suddenly they all looked like they were running through treacle. It was like someone flipped a switch and they all looked like heavyweights after 12 rounds.

Why didn’t Smug make subs?! Couldn’t he see how knackered they all were?
IMG_5106.jpeg

Newcastles bench + Krafth and Richie… I’m guessing he doesn’t trust the kids much, starting XI wise Newcastle still have a very strong team but outside of that they are down to the bare bones.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Exactly. We're now seeing the benefits of the rotations, the youngsters getting 15-20 mins here and there. Ok, so we've had injuries and suspensions we wouldn't have wanted, but those coming in are slotting in nicely. You only have to see how shot Newcastle are in the last 20 mins to see what could've been.
As it was for us in a few games at the end of last season…including at Newcastle. RDZ is clearly trying to avoid a repeat. I am hoping the squad rotation and players forced into the team due to injuries and suspensions will benefit us big time as the season progresses. We have a pretty deep reasonably experienced squad now.

Not watching but are Toon missing Pope and his outrageous saves already?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Proves the RDZ is a much better manager than smug, he used his whole squad from the beginning and said there was no starting 11. With so many player out we still look like a team who know what they are doing on the pitch. Newcastle look like a shambles.
Smug isn't the wonder coach he's made out to be, now shows for all to see. Next England manager, I don't think so.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Scored by the man with the shittest celebration in the Premier League.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I was surprised how fresh we looked last night, I guess all the rotation and randomness does pay off in the long run because Newcastle have looked absolutely headless out there, Howe clearly doesn’t have much trust in his back up back up players.

Prepare yourself for endless whining from Smug about injuries blah blah blah. It will be fun!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Spurs v WHU - Not sure why commentator was saying spurs keeper should have collected the ball on the JWP goal. It was a pass back and he might have been sent off, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here