Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/12/23

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spurs looked so easy to defend against in that second half. West Ham just packed the middle and Spurs persisted unsuccessfully to try and thread the eye of the needle through traffic instead of trying to pull them out of shape by rapidly switching wings. When Spurs did get the ball wide, they were clueless anyway.

That won't have gone unnoticed by every manager in the league.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I realise how gutted I will be when Amazon no longer have EPL rights.

Their coverage is by far and away the best. All games live across 3 days at different times. I wish they could do this at least once a month. It's just a great format and so well presented.
Completely agree. Overtaken BBC as my favourite coverage at this point.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a bad night for us - keeps Spurs and Newcastle in our target range. Annoying that it's pulled Wet Sham up into our group, but can't have everything.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Spurs v WHU - Not sure why commentator was saying spurs keeper should have collected the ball on the JWP goal. It was a pass back and he might have been sent off, surely?
That was Shearer. Paid a massive salary and he doesn't know the rules (or offer any tactical insight either).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
View attachment 170931

Newcastles bench + Krafth and Richie… I’m guessing he doesn’t trust the kids much, starting XI wise Newcastle still have a very strong team but outside of that they are down to the bare bones.
Is the number their age

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Spurs v WHU - Not sure why commentator was saying spurs keeper should have collected the ball on the JWP goal. It was a pass back and he might have been sent off, surely?
That was Shearer. Paid a massive salary and he doesn't know the rules (or offer any tactical insight either).
It would have been an indirect free kick, but that's better than a goal. It would have been an indirect free kick anyway if JWP had missed though, as the keeper handled a backpass. I reckon that was on the keepers mind though when he parried the ball, perhaps he thought he had to do that?

Handling a backpass isnt a bookable offence though.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I realise how gutted I will be when Amazon no longer have EPL rights.

Their coverage is by far and away the best. All games live across 3 days at different times. I wish they could do this at least once a month. It's just a great format and so well presented.

Was just thinking the same, I wish they had more.

The whole thing of watching entire games whenever you want, Dan Walker lacks the look at me arrogance of his Sky counterparts, intelligent pundits who can string a sentence together without banal cliches, no ads?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It would have been an indirect free kick, but that's better than a goal. It would have been an indirect free kick anyway if JWP had missed though, as the keeper handled a backpass. I reckon that was on the keepers mind though when he parried the ball, perhaps he thought he had to do that?

Handling a backpass isnt a bookable offence though is it?
Agreed. I wasn’t sure if it would be regarded as a deliberate attempt to prevent a goal, like a keeper’s handball outside the area.
I used to know all the rules. I’m not confident I know half of them now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was just thinking the same, I wish they had more.

The whole thing of watching entire games whenever you want, Dan Walker lacks the look at me arrogance of his Sky counterparts, intelligent pundits who can string a sentence together without banal cliches, no ads?
Even Andy "he's almost hit it too well, he's just took his eye off it" Townsend seems to up his game working for Amazon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Back in the Covid era, they got games called off because they refused to use their kids. The twats.
Whereas ours are being fast-tracked into the starting lineup - and smashing it...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Even Andy "he's almost hit it too well, he's just took his eye off it" Townsend seems to up his game working for Amazon.
Rob Green banging on about what a mistake RDZ is making rotating goalkeepers was irritating though. Up there with the commentator earlier in the season saying that Albion needed to change their style of play to get anything out of a game we were drawing or losing. Neither had ever managed at any level either and making out they know better than a PL manager :rolleyes:

It’s not NSC you know :lolol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Rob Green banging on about what a mistake RDZ is making rotating goalkeepers was irritating though. Up there with the commentator earlier in the season saying that Albion needed to change their style of play to get anything out of a game we were drawing or losing. Neither had ever managed at any level either and making out they know better than a PL manager :rolleyes:

It’s not NSC you know :lolol:
To be fair to Rob Green, he has actually been a PL goalkeeper...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here